Chapter 6: A New Home

POV Sapphire

I'm standing on top of a cliff looking down to the wide ocean. The sun hits the water making it look like it's sparkling like many little crystals. A warm gust of wind hits my face and I can't help but smile.

"it's beautiful

Thank you for __ ... - with me

I'm glad you..... __...---"

I look back to see someone. I squint my eyes but I still only see a blurry silhouette. 'just who is that? And why do they seem so....... familiar?'
The silhouette gets closer.

My voice comes out automatically and I start speaking.
" You're welcome - -........................."

I wake up from my dream. 'what was that dream? Just who was that?' rubbing the sleepyness out of my eyes, I sit up and take a closer look around my surroundings.
'oh right. I'm on an island somewhere.' i recall the events of beforey sleep again and consider my opinions on what to do next.' Do I stay here for now? Do I go out? I don't think I'll be in any danger for now. The old lady seemed really nice.'

'so my options right now are: sit in this room for I don't know how long to wait for anyone to get in here to check up on me. Or I take matters into my own hands and get out to look around the place myself............

Yeah so I think it's pretty obvious that I'm going with the second option. '
Throwing the sheets off of my body I get out of bed but immediately collapse on the floor. 'damn now I can't even walk properly? I mean it's kinda understandable. I just woke up from a coma.' i try my best to stand up again and I use the wall to support my body. Out side of the room I see a well lit hallway with wooden beams supporting the ceiling. The walls are covered in framed plants and insects, even though kind of creepy it's really esthetic and also homey.

I take a quick glance into every room I pass on my way through the hallway until I smell something quite pleasant. 'Is it vanilla?' i follow the smell into another room to find a kitchen and standing at the counter is the nice old lady from before. She seems to be making breakfast and also some tea. I can feel my mouth already watering and my presence gets exposed when my tummy rumbles. The old lady looks up and looks surprised but happy to see me.
"Ah! Good morning dearie. Did you have a good nights sleep? It's good to see you out of bed, do you feel any better? Wouldn't want you to get uncomfortable." the only lady keeps on talking asking me questions. I kind of get overwhelmed and she seems to notice." Oh dear, sorry sweetheart! I'm talking your ear of even though you just woke up. Sit down first and have some breakfast first dear. "

She doesn't even give me a chance to answer but gently pushed me to a dining table. The table is set up with various breads, coldcuts, cheeses and fruits. I get mesmerized by all of the good looking food and don't even recognize that the lady but a mug of vanilla tea in front of me. The hot vanilla steam that that hits my face. "eat up dearie, you're so thin we really need to get some meat on your arms." she grabbs my arm and notices a few scars frowning she desides to not address them for now which I am glad for. She sits down opposite from me and takes little sips form her mug. I take some bread and prep it with the coldcuts. I eat some more and then look up to the lady. 'now that I think about it, I don't even know her name.'

I sit a few minutes in silence because I don't have the courage to ask but I take every ounce of human interaction skills I have in me and I ask "i-I um. What's your...... name?"
The lady looks up in surprise and then chuckles
"Oh my, I was so caught up with taking care of you that I totally forgot to introduce myself. Sorry dearie, my name is Nelly but you can call me granny if you want to. Everyone on the island calls me that anyways" she gives me a warm smile.
'she's so nice!'
"if you say so, granny. So um where am I now exactly?"