열넷

PREVIOUSLY:

Seokmin's POV:

"Calm down mom. He's coming at 5 pm and don't do too much. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable, "I said. She hit my hand and I winced. "Ouch.. what was that for?" I asked while rubbing my arm. "I make people uncomfortable? How can you say that?" she said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. It's just he was unsure of coming here but he's still coming i just don't want to put pressure on him.'' I said. "Fine. but I'll still make something light for you guys to eat" she said and got up. I just sighed knowing I can never win an argument against her.

PRESENT:

I got ready and went downstairs to help mom. It was only 4:30 pm right now and I still had half an hour. "When is he gonna be here??" my mom asked. "I already told you, at 5 pm." I replied. She just nodded her head. Then noona came downstairs and joined us in the kitchen "what are you guys doing?" she asked. "Oh.. remember I told you about Hyeongjun. He's coming in half an hour I guess?" I said while checking the time on my wrist watch. "Oh.. all of a sudden?" she continued. "Oh yeah, he was asking to meet me as his new friend in the town to show him around. Apparently I'm the only friend he made so he asked me. And mom asked to meet him this afternoon so I asked him to drop by our house "I replied. She just nodded her head.After a few minutes I heard the doorbell ring. I went and opened the door and saw Hyeongjun standing there with a box of tangerines in his hands. My mom followed me to the door with the biggest smile on her face. "Oh.. you must be Hyeongjun, come in." she said and Hyeongjun came in. "this is for you aunty" he said and handed her the box of tangerines. "Oh.. how sweet of you Hyeongjun, but you didn't have to do this." she said. I took the tangerines from her hand and placed them in the kitchen and came back. "Oh aunty, I didn't want to come empty handed. My mom said its bad manners to go to someone's house empty handed especially when it's the first time." he said. "Oh Hyeongjun, that's so sweet. Come sit down and have some of these please. I made it just for you" she said and pushed the plate towards him. She made some pancakes for him. "Aunty you didn't have to do this.." he said while scratching the back of his head. "Oh come on honey.. You came for the first time, how can I not, here" she said and sliced a piece and put it towards his mouth to feed him. His eyes went wide because of that. "Mom... come on, we talked about this.." I said. "Ah.. right.. I'm sorry, I'm just so used to his other friends. I feed them sometimes with my own hands. I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable" she said and put the fork down. "No.. it's ok aunty. You didn't make me uncomfortable.. It's just.. I missed my mom. She also used to feed me like this" he said and chuckled awkwardly. "Do you not live with your parents?" she asked. "No I don't. My parents live in a rural area. I just came here for studies." he said. "Oh.. it must be lonely.." she said. He just smiled at her. "A little sometimes. But I'm kind of used to it now.." he replied. "Should we go now, Hyeongjun?" I asked him to make him look at me. "Yeah sure.. It was really nice meeting you aunty." he said and bowed to her. But my mom had other plans. "Oh honey come here." she said and pulled him into a hug. "If you ever miss your mom or family you can drop by anytime you want. You are always welcome at our house." she said as she pulled from the hug. He nodded his head and smiled at her. Then we left my house and came outside. "I'm sorry if my mom made you feel uncomfortable. She's always like this." i said. He chuckled and shook his head. "No she didn't. In fact I felt so comfortable with her. She made me feel at home. I've been missing my mom for a while and the hug made me feel so much better" he said. I smiled hearing that. "I'm glad to hear that. And also. You're always welcome at our house whenever you want like mom said. You can even drop by even if I'm not at home. My mom would love that. My friends always do it whenever they want to meet my mom." I said and chuckled. He also chuckled hearing that. We just walked for a while and when we got tired we went to a convenience store, bought juice and sat down at the nearest park. "Thank you seokmin.. " he said in a really low voice so i didn't hear him clearly. "Hmm? What did you say?" I asked again. "Thank you.. For helping me out today in school and agreeing to meet me today. And also inviting me to your house. Your mom is the sweetest. I felt like I was at home after so long.." he said and looked down. I smiled at him. "Of course Hyeongjun.. You're my friend now. And you are always invited to my house. So whenever you miss your home you can drop by." I said. Hyeongjun smiled at me. We talked for a bit then he went home and I also went home as it was getting late. I put on my earphones and started walking towards my home. I reached home and went directly to my room. When I opened the door I saw noona sitting on my bed scrolling on her phone. "Oh noona.. What are you doing here?" I said and she looked at me. She got up and gestured to me to sit down too. "Come sit here. I wanted to talk to you." she said. I closed the door as I came inside and sat down on my bed. "How was your day?" she asked. "Oh it was great.. I showed Hyeongjun around the town." I said. She smiled at me. "I'm glad, seokmin. I really liked Hyeongjun. And also.." she trailed off. I raised an eyebrow at her waiting for her to continue. "You looked genuinely happy today. I really like seeing you like that." she said. I thought about it and she was right. I was feeling happy and I forgot about everything while I was with Hyeongjun. I smiled unknowingly and noona was watching me the whole time. "I'll take my leave now. Get freshed and come downstairs to eat. Dinner's almost ready" she said and left. After dinner I came back to my room and started scrolling on my phone. Suddenly I got a text.

    <•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

hello guyssss!! I''m back. sorry for the delay in this chapter I got a little busy. I hope you like it and yes i left it on a little cliffhanger. I'll post the next chapter soon. this chapter might be a little short but my mind was not working and I wrote as much as I could. Also if there is anything that you don't like feel free to comment and please vote for the chapter it means a lot to me. Last but not least I love you guys mwah!!

Daily reminder: you're beautiful and I'm proud of you.