Chapter 24 | The inevitable tears

Start from the beginning

"Sasha...This is not fucking funny. You're ruining your health. You hardly eat, it looks like you're barely getting enough sleep, and you're basically being reduced to just bones. Can't you just talk to me? Is something going on at home?" Anne asks, the last question asked in a whisper.

I can feel the tough muscles of my face relax when I see tremendous concern in her eyes.

"Anne...I'm feeling a little under the weather. I'll be fine in a couple of days." I say with an air of finality. Anne frowns but sighs in defeat and drops the topic.

It's not that I don't trust Anne with my issues. In fact, she's the only person, besides my dad and Georgina, I trust the most. But, I never want to burden her with my own personal problems.

There is only so much you can share with your best friend.

And knowing Anne...She'll go ballistic if she finds out that I was ambushed by Suzanne.

Speaking of...

"Oh god someone kill me!" I hear Anne mumble beside me. I follow her line of vision to see Suzanne, standing before the car and talking to our friends.

More specifically him.

Anne tenses when she sees Jacob chuckling at something Suzanne said.

But I can see the others trying to control their laughing at something she said as well.

What's going on?

Before I can process further, Anne is tugging me towards the car.

"What's going on?" Anne asks in a sweet voice as she walks closer to Jacob.

Jacob immediately smiles at her and bends down a little to kiss, like they usually do, but Anne turns her face just in time so the peck lands on her cheek. Jacob's eyes furrow in confusion and slight hurt.

"Nothing...I was just walking by and thought I'd say hello" Suzanne says and her eyes settle on me.

I begin wringing my hands and avoid making eye contact with her.

"Alright then...I guess we should get going." Sam says, breaking the palpable tension enveloping us.

"Oh sure...I've got to get going too. It was lovely meeting you guys."

Bitch.

"It's nice meeting you again Sasha...I hope you feel better than what you felt back in the girl's room." She says, gives me a condescending smile, and walks away.

...

...

...

"What the fuck Sasha?" Anne yells once the horse-teeth-girl is out of earshot.

"Anne calm down..." Sam says as she looks around to see if people are listening in to our conversation.

"I literally begged her to tell me what happened to which she said nothing and now I have to find out that my best friend has her own personal confidante, who by the way, is nothing but a menace. So forgive me for reacting Sam..."

"I didn't confide in her," I say meekly.

I hate being this vulnerable.

"Oh of course. You don't have to explain anything to me. You have better people to associate yourself with" Anne says and I only roll my eyes.

"Are you for real? J-Just...let's go. I'm super tired" I say and begin walking towards the driver's seat.

"I think I'm gonna walk home."