🪻RESULTS : Best Blurb🪻

Start from the beginning

Total 40/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Lost in The Maze by strawberry1d

Summarizing Quality - 8/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 6/10
Insight to the story - 7/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

The blurb is small and simple and has hinted at the potential readers. However, there are a lot of wattpad stories with the same themes and plot line. There needs to be a clear distinction and also the mention of sub-themes and tropes. The blurb is too small to aim at the right audience. A lot of readers on wattpad have read the ex-getting-back trope and a lot of readers love this trope, so they might end up reading the book. But, a lot of them would be expecting fluff, some might expect angst. You need to clear who you’re catering to. Upon seeing the revenge tag, I understood that the theme was angst and I slightly read the book as well but not everyone will do that. Readers want to read ‘their type of book’ and some readers just hate the bitter interactions and it can be triggering to them, so when they read the book and come across revenge, humiliation and slvt shaming, they can be taken aback . So, there needs to be clear mention of the theme as you don’t want the non-aimed readers to reach the book. If they’re not interested then they can simply skip past the book by looking at the direction of the story, without being extremely critical towards the book.

Total 35/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Yadavi : The Name of Yearning by dwarkaratna

Summarizing quality - 10/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 9/10
Insight to the story - 9/10
Creativity - 8/10
Overall - 9/10

The blurb is very close to a professionally published book’s blurb. It uses the right imagery, description and vocabulary. It also caters to the right audience. There’s a clear mention of conflict, characters and their background. However, I’d suggest partitioning the blurb properly. The conflict and character description (upper part) has a lot of unnecessary spacing between the sentences. The dialogue part (middle part) needs to be partitioned from the first part and the credits part. You can use lining or symbols or emojis which will also be aesthetically pleasing and attractive. All in all, the blurb is great but just needs minor polishing.

Total 45/50

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Mrs. Park by Aein_yeobo7

Summarizing quality - 8/10
Ability to attract potential readers - 7/10
Insight to the story - 7/10
Creativity - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

The lower description part is well written and creates the setting, mood and environment for the story.Yet, I got confused over the last sentence as to what the conflict might be- if they’re married and now work together  or eventually got married as they’ve worked together? Also, the words such as ‘smirk’, ‘stared blankly’ etc are overused and do a very little role to present the imagery that we want to share. Instead, you can use more emotive words that can create imagery and show the audience and not just tell. There also needs to be a distinct factor in the book which needs to be highlighted as readers will scroll on wattpad and they’ll click on something that’s unique for the tropes and themes they love. The spacing is also a bit too huge between the dialogue and description. The first part seems laid back in vocabulary but the second part is beautifully descriptive. So, it’s important to mend the inconsistencies. Overall, the blurb has the potential to attract the audience if it specifies some unique feature of the book.