The House of Magic

They pulled up to a split level home and Morgana greeted them at the door. She was dressed in a flowing robe of silver. She smiled as two boys and a girl and Aoife came bounding up to the door. The children all looked at Kendall and then one of the boys said, "She's really excited ma." " "Aidan that was not polite." Said Morgana sternly, "Haven't I told you its rude to pick about in people's heads." The boy dark haired blue eyed looked down, "Go tell your da supper's ready." He stared into the house, "Don't be lazy now." Said Morgana and he ran off yelling, "Their here da!" With a weary sigh Morgana laughed, "Close enough, come on in."
They entered and the house looked like any other house. "Its normal until you get to our workrooms." Said Morgana. Amy glanced at Morgana, "Oof." Said Morgana, "those amulets must be very powerful."
Greg looked confused, "You thought it, and I understood you." "Usually you have to look at me, I can call mind to mind, but you have to be looking at me if you are going to try it." "Amulets?" Asked Amy, "Yes amulets made for you both." "If you decide to live in the community we'll have better ways of dealing with this." "This is temporary." Said Seamus coming up with both boys.
"OUr twin sons Aidan and Cian, and our girls Aoife whom you've met and Róisín." "Everyone this is Greg and Amy, and their daughter Kendall." "Yes she is magical but the parents aren't." "Why?" Asked Róisín in a solemn voice. "Because some people don't have magic." Said Seamus, "Shall we?"
Around a large drop leaf dining table they ate saying some prayer in irish before they did. All of them together.

Beannaigh sinn agus ár ngaolta go léir. Beannaigh iad siúd a gcuirimid fáilte rompu. Beannaigh an bia a thugann beatha dúinn, agus beannaigh sinn go léir ó dhochar agus ó achrann.

Bless us and all our relatives. Bless those we welcome. Bless the food that gives us life, and bless us all from harm and adversity.

Morgana translated seamlessly as if she'd been doing it for several years. "I take it." Said Greg as Seamus passed around the potatoes, "That you've raised your children to be Gaeilgeoirí?" "Yes we did." Said Seamus, "They learned English but as a second language." "We didn't start teaching our children until they were ready for school." "That's why Aoife doesn't speak English well yet."
After the dinner of roast and potatoes and cake for dessert Morgana rose. "Why don't you and Greg go into the den and Amy and I will clear up. She spoke in Irish then to the kids who all nodded and ran off, "Kendall you can go also." Said Morgana. "Go play with Aoife."
With that Kendall ran off. As they cleaned the kitchen Morgana said, "We made amulets so you can speak with her effortlessly. She still needs to learn how to talk out loud." "Learn English as it were." "At least in the mundane world." "Until you decide to stay in the community that is."
"You both have practices in Salem and our community is well, out in the forest." "You can have your houses linked of course." "So you don't have to leave." "We don't have a house yet." Said Amy, "We wanted to make sure Kendall would do well here." "We were prepared to, leave again." "I understand." "Well with the child you have, it shouldn't cost much to get a house built in community, then link it to, well somewhere."
"I never expected such, welcome." Said Amy, "Its difficult I know." Said Morgana, "Many community members feel disjointed." "Seamus and I both come from castles." "Our families were both witch kind, and back home in Ireland most Magical families live together." Said Morgana, "It wasn't until I was told of this place by a cousin, Liam and I fell in love with it." "It has everything you could need." "Its been here for about 60 years at least."
Róisín ran in, "Aoife won't share her toys with Kendall and she's crying." "Thank you love." Said Morgana. They walked into a girl's room where Kendall was crying in the corner. She was staring into space then. Amy was just able to duck aside the thrown lamp. It was Morgana who sent it gently soaring back to its place on a table nearby. "Kendall." Amy said warningly, "Not nice." Said Kendall angrily, "I don't care if it wasn't nice." Said Amy as she felt something cool rest around her neck and heard the clasp. She felt the heavy weight of stone above her breasts.
She thought then, "You apologize right now." Kendall winced. "You used force." Said Morgana at Amy's confused look. "Gentle, you're shouting." "Think as if you are talking." Amy nodded thinking softly, "You apologize right now to Aoife and Morgana." "You don't break things that aren't yours."
Kendall's lip quivered and she looked at Aoife, she didn't even have to stare, just glance. Aoife pouted, "Aoife." Said Morgana warningly. Aoife thought and Amy could pick it up, if a bit fuzzily. "You don't have to strain." Said Morgana. "Just think, like you normally do." "The amulet is designed for non telepaths." Amy nodded. "Kendall apologize to Morgana." Kendall noddded and Amy could hear her tremulous apology. Morgana patted her on the back. Kendall ran to Amy and hugged her, "You aren't broken mommy." She thought, "No I'm not broken." Said Amy.
"Aoife." Morgana said, "I told you to play nicely with Kendall." "What do you say?" "I'm sorry Kendall." Said Aoife softly. "Now will you two learn to play nice, or do you need a time out?" Asked Morgana. "Play nice." Said Aoife, "All right then." "And you Kendall?" Asked Am, "Play nice." Said Kendall.
"Is there a magical timeout?" Asked Amy, "there is indeed, and we use it since its so effective." "But that requires some know how." Said Morgana as they joined the men in the den with snacks and wine.