Why today?

Hi, Everyone. First time reading but will try my best.
Hope you enjoy the story.🤗

Standing in my white dress and holding fully alive coral colored flowers , I viewed the name written on his crippling soiled tombstone- herry Simpson. Who was this man?

A man very close to me yet very far to me. His death, his funeral and his disappearance met nothing to me. I felt nothing for him. Not hate and not joy and not regret and definitely- not sadness. No emotion at all.

Did I deserve love? Yes and no. And did I receive such? Ask the man who's one with the soil.

Billions of gems , tonnes of flowing cash and thousands of costly dresses yet him remembered I. Freedom there was none. But a blanket of coldness swallowed me and the sun - my helper- left me to suffer all alone.

Parting has also been a sweet joy but I had a feeling I might be wrong.

"A box?" I murmured as I took hold of a elegantly emerald rotund chest of his closet. Carefully opening, I saw them and tossed his chest across the other side of the earth.

That man had the absurdity to treasure our fake memories but not anymore.

Since I had the crown now, I swiftly swept all the pictures and his letters into his chest. And positioned his chest on my bedroom glass table and lit the match.

I stared at the wild bright flame an- a shiny light reflective letter peered under the scarlet bed. Without thinking, I blew out the deathly blaze and snatched the letter and studied it.

Then curiosity caught the cat - me. And swiftly I sprinted to the table and dug and analyzed everything in the chest. Out of the blue, I busted in tears. Tears of millions of years of adamantine pain.

He remembered. I loved caramel ice cream. He recalled. I treasured the alluring night glances. He recognized such events. Watching the " stupid" butterflies visit. He remembered. He remembered every important detail about me.

But I thirsted the darkness from him and ignored the light about him. Sitting there in silence, I looked back at all the things he did for me.

He loved me but differently.

He is kind behind his iciness , funny behind his seriousness, lovable behind his angry and he was my husband.

"herry simpson- I am utterly sorry and never will forget u. Thank u for remembering and loving me even though I found out very late. I love you." I whispered as I held the chest close to my heart while wearing my black dress.

Then later let out a deafening screech.

He was just a 'monster' to icy for my sunshine world. Beauty and the beast one could say but love arrived when he had withered.

Withered into nothingness. All because of my delayed love for him.

.