i got so fucking romantic, i apologize, let me light your cigarette

i have a 400 word subkit draft but this one sentence shuribox infected me apparently
i think my prozac is working 

~

it felt so, so slow in the cafe. like time was not moving at all, shuriken swore he had been there for week, years even. he took up overtime because vine wasn't feeling good and slingshot needed help unloading the supply truck, so he was better for the job anyways, 

but oh swords, it just didnt feel like it would ever end. so boring..

slingshot came rushing back behind the register to take another demons order, he had just handed off a delivery order. shuriken finally pried himself off the box he was sitting on and instead opened it up, pulling out some boxes of plastic cutlery and napkins, he had to go put these out front, or on the tables. 

he could hear sling tapping on the screen as a demon was putting in their order, asking questions and such. walking out of the backroom, carrying a box of soft blue napkins and white plastic silverware, sorta dazed. wasnt it unprofessional to be doing this around of customers? he glanced at the demon infront of sling, then he couldn't seem to take his eyes off him.

he knew he was, he's seen him in crossroads, but is this his first time in here? his electronic visor flicked over to shuriken, caught redhanded staring, but he just waved and flicked back to sling. 

shuriken shook his head, trying to focus, almost dropping one of the boxes he had already placed on the counter. he pulled out about a quarter of the box and a handful of silverware and walked over to one of the tables, refilling the small napkin holder in the middle and cylinder container with respective items. when he had walked back to grab another bundle, he heard a soft ding of sling finishing an order, and that demon seemed to want to stay in the cafe for a bit.

boombox sat down in one of the booths, relaxing and started to watch the cat dressed slingshot prepare his order. he wasnt sure if it was weird to stare, but it was interesting to watch other demons work and move, he liked it. he glanced back at the skinnier green demon, who seemed to also be looking at him, as his eyes flicked away and it seemed like his face flushed as he walked to another table to refill. 

he's seen him working here before, but he wasnt too sure of his name. at his late night concerts, he swore theres a similar shadowy shape that hops around on the roofs, and watches him from those roofs. 

slingshot, please, please, finish his order faster... oh my swords... shuriken thought to himself, borderline panicking. 

this was a cute demon, that is watching him work, its so embarrassing.. he wanted him to leave already. he watched boombox tap his hands and fingers to the music that played over the cafe, and how he watched sling in the kitchen. to see him this close was so nervewracking..

as slingshot bagged the order, just a few select pastries in boxes, he brought the bag over to boombox and handed it to him, his two paws holding onto the bags handles that slipped into the others hands. he lightly bowed with a "thank you! come back soon!" 

before sling could turn to go back behind the counter, boombox pulled out two small slips of paper, tickets of sorts.

"here, sling, come to the front seats with your friend today, won't'cha?" he smiled, holding them towards slingshot

"yea, sure! i don't think vine would enjoy a concert, but shuri would." he accepted the tickets with both paws, and slid them into one of his apron pockets.

"shuri is your little worker, right?" his eyes flicked to him, behind the counter now, breaking down a few boxes.

"shuriken, yes. he's vine staffs little brother, isnt he cute?" he teased, his paws clasped infront of him and his tail slightly swaying with a mischievous aura.