write me letters, ink on paper, i'm so mixed up i could cry

it was sunny and a relatively nice day, and boombox finally felt like looking at some new discs to play, since he liked all the forms of music, just a boombox was convenient and his gear. walking down crossroads , humming the tune in his headphones, eventually entering the music shop and browsed for a while

meanwhile, someone was moping in his net bed. shuriken turned over again and threw his arm over his face, and huffed. normally he was super excited for upcoming phestivals, but it felt like the last one just happened? plus, he wanted to up his training regimen so he could improve faster. but between that and phights and worse, he was sick and overall tired. 

he pulled himself up and reached for his tissues. vine staff was kind enough to be bringing him soups, blankets, water, whatever he wanted. even things he didnt want, like her essential oils or teas. he wasnt a fan of them but she insisted they helped, but the teas just tasted like "grandpa" to him, something katana would like. he blew his nose into the tissues, groaning. ugh. the worst time to be sick!

shurikens phone buzzed and he completely tumbled out of bed. he was not in the state to be taking a call and now he was on the floor. but he did reach for his phone, and upon seeing it was boombox, swiftly got up and answered the call.

"hey boombox! uh, whats up?"

"yo! i finally got some time to check out some new cds! mind if i come over and we can jam out?"

shuriken did hesitate for a bit, but he had a bit of a crush on boombox, he wasnt about to turn this down..

"of course! vine staff is out too, we wont bother her." 

and click, boombox hung up. shuriken just sighed and tried to tidy up a little bit.

probably only half an hour later, boombox was knocking on the apartment door, tote with a few chosen discs he thought shuri would particularly like. shuriken did open the door, 

"one second, okay? go sit down!" before running off to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him

boombox thought it was a little strange, but whatever. he made his way upstairs and to shurikens room, which yea, was still messy. it alright, none of the playgrounders were much cleaner. itd be worse than this if it weren't for sling and vine. 

barely he could hear guttural coughing from downstairs, and obviously he worriedly went back down, knocking on the bathroom door and only earning a groan from the opposite side. shuriken came out of the bathroom, wiping his mouth on a towel, nearly dropping it and falling over when boombox basically bear hugged him. 

"im sick get offa me! youll catch something!" he tried to push him, but shuriken's much thinner than boombox, not as chubby at all

"dude, if you werent feelin' well, you can turn down an offer!"

"yea but, yknow, i like hanging out with you.." he glanced away, blushing, earning a chuckle from boombox

"its alright, we can chill to some tunes and talk! we dont gotta be energetic." he reassured, loosening his grip on shuriken

walking up the stairs and heading into shurikens room, with shuriken settling down into the netted bed while boombox pulled out cds and talked about them, setting them up in an order he could play them. it was obvious shuriken was low energy though, he kept turning away to cough and he balled himself up, probably as some self soothing thing.

when boombox did figure out the music and finally joined him in the bed, he relaxed against the net and pulled shuriken towards him, so hes laying on him, in a sorta of embrace. though he squeaked a little and seemingly was confused, he didnt pull away. he hugged and laid onto boombox, sniffling quietly.

"my bad BB, ive got a lot going on recently. er, thanks, for coming over." he hushed out awkwardly, hes not the type to really show emotions but, he really loved boombox. he was comfortable with him.

boombox just reciprocated by hugging him back and humming along the music, as shuriken slowly drifted into a nap on him. it was pretty cute, he supposed. he hoped he was finally able to get a good sleep in, assuming hes not in a good state, mustve been hard sleeping.