Chapter 56: The Past That Never Was

N/A: This is bound to be a long, and possibly confusing chapter. It's bound to alter your brain chemistry, so, prepare yourselves.

***

"Hello, Sandy." His tone was joyful and soft, despite the melancholy in his eyes. "It's good to see you again."

"I-what-I-." Her mind froze, as she tried to make sense of the scene before her eyes. This man was older than she remembered- in her time. And she had watched him die. In this timeline, however, he should have been even younger. Somehow, that was not the case, and she was being informed that he was a time-traveller, whom had shown clear signs of magic a second ago. None of this made any sense. "I don't understand."

It was then that she felt something cold hit her free hand, as Aberforth handed her a bottle of Fire-whiskey. "Here, you'll need it. Have a drink."

"I'm fift- sixteen, since today." She mumbled, not taking her eyes off of the face of the past. Aberforth, on the other hand, simply shrugged and left her side, to watch the scene unravel from a better angle. 

"You probably have a lot of questions." Thomas Turner, her father, whom was supposed to be a Muggle, spoke to her with a grim look. No matter how much he had been looking forward to see her again, he certainly dreaded the conversation that would come from it. The explanations. 

Albus, beside the girl, lightly touched her arm, making her flinch. However, he ignored it, as she tried to help Thomas fill in the blanks. "Thomas here, is, sort of, from your timeline. He came to me before the time-lines split via your travels. Unlike you've been lead to believe, your father is a wizard."

"Plot twist..." Abeforth mumbled as he watched everything unravel. 

"I'm... I'm starting to see that now." She should have been happy. The man she had mourned for years, whom she had believed to have died with her mother in the fire when Sandy was only 8, was now standing in front of her, very much alive. It was him, truly. Older too. She didn't need to perform magic or read his mind to know this was not a trick. However, his absence, the lies, and everything else in between forbade her from running to his side to hug him. "How is any of this possible? You were dead. And, you were supposed to be a Muggle, like mum."

"Technically, she wasn't a Muggle either..." Thomas received a glare at his words. 

Followed by this, the sound of a bottle opening was heard, as Aberforth began gulping down some Fire-whiskey. "Double-plot twist..."

Thomas, in return, glared at the man, before returning his sight to his daughter. "She's a Muggle-born, a trait your own cousin, Hermione, shares. Not that Jonathan remembers. Your mother erased those memories from him. A powerful Notice-Me-Not was also cast to erase your mother's existence in the wizarding world, such as her acceptation and graduation to Hogwarts- it's honestly a long story."

"You better start telling it before I scream."

Raising his hand, Aberforth nodded. After having been filled in on both sides of the story (rather limited on Thomas') prior to her coming here, the wizard was on her side. "I want to hear her scream at you lot. Go ahead, girl. The inn has been cast with silencing wards for this meeting. Pop his head off!" As expected, he was ignored.