9. A Brief Spar

Fan Fei reached him and sent a kick which he dodged and swiftly delivered a kick to her stomach before she could react as her eyes widened. Then her right leg was grabbed by him before he threw her into a tree as she hit it and gasped.

She then opened her eyes and saw him charging towards her as she ducked as he sent a punch and destroyed the tree from the force. Her eyes widened when she saw that as she looked at him and he smiled at her as he raised his right leg.

She jumped away as he stomped on the ground breaking it as she got into her stance and looked at him with serious eyes. She channeled her chi through her body as she looked at him.

'He is far stronger than I had thought. How could he become so strong?' Fan Fei thought to herself as she looked at him.

She then charges at him as the ground on which she stood cracked from her force as she reached him and sent a flurry of punches at him, to which Michael just dodged the attacks before sending attacks to her in split seconds using his right leg as it all hit its mark.

"Gahah!" Fan Fei cried out in pain when she felt the attacks.

He had hit her shoulders, midriff, stomach, legs as she felt the attacks before she was sent flying back. She opened her eyes to see him just above her as her eyes widened as he threw a punch.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest as she braced for the attack. His attack hit her arms and sent her to the ground as it cracked and a crater was formed as she spit out blood and gasped from the attack as she was embedded on the ground.

Michael meanwhile landed on the ground and stopped himself as he looked at the downed girl. He walked to her and looked at her as she slowly opened her eyes and saw him looking at her with her half opened eyes.

'He is... too strong.' Fan Fei thought to herself before she went unconscious.

"Maybe I should've held back more. She is still only a child." Michael said as he looked at her.

He then picked her up and carried her in his arms into the forest. He lit a fire and placed her near a tree before he went to gather some things for her to eat. And while he doesn't have any need to eat, he likes eating things as well.

Soon, Fan Fei became conscious again as she held her stomach as there was still some pain in it as she groaned. Then she remembered what had happened as her eyes widened as she sat up and saw Michael roasting some meat on top of the fire.

"Hey, did you have a good rest?" Michael asked as he smiled at the girl.

"Ah, yes. That fight was overwhelmingly in your advantage. You are very powerful. I had no chance." Fan Fei said as she bowed to him.

"It's fine. I have much greater experience and I am older than you so it's a given." Michael said with a smile at that.

"Of course. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you exactly?" Fen Fei asked him as she looked at him curiously.

"If my memory is correct then I should be 50 years old now." Michael said as he remembered it and smiled at her.

"50? You... look quite young for someone who is 50 years old. Are you able to halt your age using Chi?" Fan Fei said as she looked at him.

"Not really. I have a special ability, what that ability is, I'll tell you when I feel like it." Michael said with a playful tone as he gave her the stick with the meat.

"I see." Fan Fei said as she took the stick and ate the meat.

They spent some time as they enjoyed the silence as they ate the food that Michael had brought. Though while she was eating she had thought about her battle with him as she looked at him.

"By the way, how did I not know about those attacks that you hit me with?" Fan Fei asked as she looked at him.

"It's simple really. I attacked you so fast that your eyes weren't able to follow my attack and you only registered it after the attacks hit you. Of course, you also need sufficient speed, strength and body coordination as well to do that." Michael said to her in an easygoing tone.

"I see." Fan Fei said as she heard his explanation.

She remembered how she had felt the attack on her body and how she wasn't able to react to it as well. She wondered how he had managed to gain this much strength when he is a being from this world.

'He is strong. Very strong.' Fan Fei thought to herself as she looked at him.

Michael absentmindedly ate the fruit in his hand as he thought about his battle with Wendigo. He truly enjoyed it and after facing against Fan Fei, he knew that his level of strength is great.

'Still, what is the source of his power and immortality?' Michael thought to himself as he couldn't make heads or tails about his abilities.

While he was thinking that, Fan Fei was also looking at him intently as she thought about their battle for a few moments before she looked at him seriously.

"Excuse me, Master Michael?" Fan Fei called him with a serious face.

"Yes?" Michael said as he looked at her.

'And why did she call me Master?' Michael thought to himself as he looked at her.

"I want to ask you something, it's very important." Fan Fei said to him seriously.

"Of course. What is it?" Michael asked aftee he ate the rest of the fruit.

"Please, can you be my teacher?" Fan Fei asked as she did a K'un-Lun greeting with her hands.

Michael blinked when he heard that as he looked at the girl in front of him as he was surprised at her words.

"You want me to be your teacher? Not that I have any problems with it, but why me? I'm sure that there are many powerful warriors in K'un-Lun." Michael said to her with a questioning face.

"That is true. But you have skills that I have never seen and your fighting ability is great as well. I wish to learn more and become stronger in combat." Fan Fei said to him seriously as she bowed to him.

Michael looked at the girl as he replayed her words in his mind and he could see the honesty in her eyes and knew that she is really serious about it as well.

"Alright, I do not see any problems with teaching you about it. When do you want to start?" Michael said as he looked at the girl.

"Thank you Master! I would like it if you would start teaching me tomorrow itself!" Fan Fei said excitedly when she heard him.

"Alright then. Tomorrow it is." Michael said with a nod and a smile at that.

"Thank you for agreeing to my request Master. I promise that I will not disappoint you." Fan Fei said seriously as she stood straight and bowed to him.

"Good to hear that. I expect great things from now. But for now, we should start with making a camp for us." Michael said as he stood up.

"Of course! I shall follow your lead Master." Fen Fei said with a determined face and a smile.

Michael chuckled at her attitude as he found it refreshing as it was different from his usual loneliness.

'I never thought to would actually get a student. Oh well, it might be a good thing as well.' Michael thought to himself as he got ready to start working.