Chapter 1

Maha' POV

The first day in this institute.

IIT

It's the dream for many in India. Every year more than lakhs of student attempt for JEE mains. Some of them qualify and attempt for the advance level and some again waits for the second attempt.

Everyone feels happy when their child gets admission in some prestigious institute but what about the one who couldn't make it...

No one talks about those students. No one does.

Some join in some local institutes and others... They leave their whole family in guilt by taking their lives. They think that they take their life cause they failed but the actual fact is each of their life is failure of the society for not giving them support and mental help when they needed it the most.

I made it but my sister couldn't. My twin sister Dia Arora couldn't. It was her dream from childhood to become an IITian and make our parents proud. But she couldn't... She couldn't but I did. Even though my dream wasn't IIT

I wanted to pursue law but my family never accepted. Without any interest I was able to qualify in JEE Advance but she couldn't.

The whole family started seeing her as a failure. All my family members were IITians except her. They didn't say anything but their eyes spoke lot to her.

I still remember that day, too much vividly

"Dia, stop crying. It's okay, other institutes are not bad. You can join in them" I tried to console her by patting her back but she pushed me instead

"And remain as the first member to not make it to IIT? Maha! You didn't want to crack advance still you did but I couldn't. You didn't work that harder but I did. I spent sleepless nights but I failed. People like you whose dream is not engineering are living our lives!"

"Dia, calm down. You are not thinking straight now. Go and take some rest then we can have a proper conversation"

"Why? Are you guilty? You should be idiot! And about rest then definitely I will take. I'll take rest, a beautiful one."

Saying this she jumped off from the window.

We used to live in 6th floor of apartment. I couldn't process what just happened. It just happened in a blink.

It was me, the reasons for her death. It's the burden she gave and I'll definitely carry it my whole life cause I deserve it. The each passing day in that institute will make me realise that it's her life which I'm living.

Time for saying goodbye to my dream life. LAW

I finally stepped into the institute taking lot of burden on my shoulder. While going the wheel of my suitcase got broken. I deserve it.

It was too heavy for me to take it to my hostel room. Then I felt a soft pat on my shoulder. I turned around saw a girl with a beautiful smile on her face. She was wearing white t shirt with pair of track pants. She looked very simple.

"What happened buddy? Is there any problem" she asked with the most polite way possible.

"Umm.. actually my suitcase's wheel is broken and I got the room at 2nd floor." It was first time a person themselves approached me which was making me feel hesitate.

"Your parents didn't come?"

"Umm.. no, actually they had some work so they couldn't come" I said bowing my head. Work was always important for my parents than their children.

"Oh, wait let me call my brother maybe he would be useful for us"

"No no, I can manage it. Don't worry about me" I said with an awkward smile. She sensed my awkwardness and gave a comforting smile

"It's okay, atleast I will get a friend in this process. I'm doing this for myself so don't worry" saying this she called her brother.

It took a while till he came. We had a good conversation by then. I realised that our vibe matched a lot.

Now I can say that the first friend I got here is Sameera who also is my roommate.

When her brother came he directly came and took my bag. He started heading towards second floor. He didn't even look in my direction.

After keeping my bag in my room he held Sameera's hand and went from there. He is little weird person.

I went and took a warm bath and slept due to long journey.

Next day, I woke up at 5 and went for jog. After coming back I went to bath and started praying to God. This has been my regular routine since Dia went away from me.

I noticed that Sameera was still sleeping. She looked like a small baby while sleeping. I smile appeared on my face then I realised I should not smile. I should not be happy.

After one hour we headed towards classes. Suddenly we heard someone screaming in pain. We both saw eachother and went towards the place where this sound was coming.

There was a huge crowd yelling the name 'Aditya'

Then I saw a guy was beating Sameera's brother. I couldn't see this and went towards that guy and pushed him lifting her brother.

"Are you out of your mind or something? Why the hell are beating him? Do you think you are some Mafia?" I said glaring at that person. Listening to me, he smirked making me feel disgusted by his actions.

"Hey young lady, I think you are newbie here. It's better if you don't interfere in my business" saying this he clutched Sameera's brother.

I again pushed him, this time a little harder making him fall on the ground. This made him to see me with an angry glare. His eyes were red with anger.

"What kind of business is it? Beating others?"

"You don't even know what he did and you are taking his side. He is pervert by nature newbie. He was harassing a girl yesterday" he said with calm voice making a shiver run through my spine.

Listening this Sameera came in between holding her brothers hand.

"My brother can't do anything like that!" Sameera yelled at him making him confuse

"He.. he is your brother? He was harassing you yesterday, right?"

Listening this a chuckle escaped from me

"Okay, now I got clarity. Listen mister, your intentions are good but just get the clarity what you are doing. Beating the innocents." I said with a smirk on my face.

Saying this we went from there. Sameera and I went to the classroom. I could sense some pair of eyes glancing at me. I wasn't able to understand what was happening. They were checking my patience level now.

"Why the hell are you glaring at me?" I said with an angry voice making them silent. Then a girl came and stood right infront of me

"Then you should stop doing things which would make people glare at you" she said with a sarcastic smile on her face

"Pardon?"

"Aditya Ranawat. The guy you just had a fight, his name is Aditya. He is a dream buy of this institute. Each and every girl wants his attention. And congrats you got his attention but be aware kiddo, you have hurt his ego. He will definitely take revenge" saying this she went away from there

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The war begins