Chapter 11: left

As I keep trying to dial Sakura's number, still only getting static each time, I think about what to do next. I know that if she needs help, I need to go and find her immediately. But without knowing her exact location, that's going to be hard to do.

I quickly ask Ichinose to come with me, hoping that we can find Sakura if we work together.

"Of course. I'll come with you."
Ichinose nods her head in agreement, and quickly starts walking with me towards the general direction where Sakura could be.

We keep trying to call Sakura, still only getting static each time we reach her, but we keep moving closer and closer to her possible location anyway.

We continue to walk in the direction of the source of the static, both of us starting to feel increasingly tense with each step. We have no idea what has happened to Sakura, and the not knowing is starting to worry us.

As we keep walking, the static eventually grows louder. We've gotten close enough to the source that each call is actually reaching Sakura's phone. But the call still gets cut off every few seconds, so I'm able to hear her voice only in small fractions.

We keep listening for any clues to reveal what is happening to Sakura until finally the static ceases, and she is able to get her words out. Despite the fact that I can hear her voice more clearly now, I am startled by what she says.

"There's... no time...  help me!..."
Sakura's voice trails off as once again the static returns, cutting off the end of what she was saying. Her voice sounds panicked, and the urgency in her words is palpable.

"Oh, okay. That's probably it."
Ichinose nods slowly, believing that Sakura was just feeling ill.

I can't help but feel uneasy, knowing that she's wrong, but I don't have any concrete proof to make her think otherwise.

So instead, I decide to let it be for now and hope that Sakura was just having a bad stomach bug expect that she's not- from what I figured. She is In trouble but she already served her role.

As I walk back to my dorm room with Ichinose, we come across Sudō standing outside his own dorm room. Surprisingly enough, he looks happy - much happier than when I had seen him earlier.

I take notice of his positive mood, and even Ichinose seems a little surprised. She turns to me with a questioning look on her face, wondering what had happened to him.

I think back to the moment that I had seen him earlier - he had been sitting alone in the cafeteria and looked extremely miserable. Now he looks like a completely different person.

Sudō's mood change is surprising, and I'm curious about what caused such a drastic shift. I decide to ask him about it directly.

"Hey, Sudō."
I walk up to him as I call out his name. When he turns towards me, I can see a bright smile on his face. It's evident that he's in a completely different mood than before.

" Hey! Ayanokoji!"

"Something happen?"
I ask casually, curious about what could have caused his sudden mood change. He seems surprised by this question, but then he slowly shakes his head.

"No, nothing..."

I guess he's happy that now he's on the clear

"Well, if you say so, then I'll take your word for it."
I keep my tone neutral and emotionless.

Sudō seems to be in a good mood, his smile still beaming. This is a new side of him...I guess

As we walk back to our dorm room, I check my phone and see that I've gotten a call from Horikita.
I quickly dial her number, curious about what she needs me for.