Whatever was happening was out of her understanding.

                    ________________

Huzaifa was acting nicely with me when we were alone but he wanted to portray himself as a bad husband in front of his family. First, that ice cream date which we had on the day of our mehendi. I was equally involved in it. I agreed when he suggested this. But once we were back, he again took the blame on himself. And then when he asked me for the official engagement on the rooftop. He didn't touch me because he knew I would never like it before the actual nikkah. But he made it seem like in front of everyone again that he forced me. He threatened me that he would leave me on the wedding altar if I declined. And now this dress thing.

Why was Huzaifa doing that? Why was he making himself look bad in everyone's eyes?

Her pen stopped as she felt a severe headache. But she continued. She had to think. She had to sort everything out.

Did this mean that Huzaifa was using me? He was using me to gain what he wanted? He was using me so that this marriage could end automatically? But what would those words that I was precious to him as his wife and he would never leave me? What about those kisses and a want for intimacy? What about that seduction he was playing with me? Was that a game?

A game which according to him he wanted to anticipate, fight, and win? But where was I in that game?

I was just a forced wife who he would leave any day. He was just using me to get what he wanted. But now I couldn't bear it. After becoming his wife, I wouldn't tolerate his separation. I could bear a second wife over me but not his separation. I need to take a stand for myself. I was married to him and he was my husband. He could not use me like this.

Unaiza closed the diary and stood up. She was still in her room because Aqia didn't allow her to go back to Huzaifa's. But now it was enough. Unaiza put back the diary in the locker and was about to leave the room when the door pushed and Aqia entered.

"Iza, my dear." She cupped her face and then kissed her forehead.

"I am sorry. I again failed with regard to you. Please forgive me," she burst into tears.

Unaiza held her hands. "It's okay, Aqia Mama. I need to go to Huzaifa's bedroom."

"No," she quickly declined. "Until we make sure that he won't hurt you again, I won't let you go near him at all. Believe me, he will listen to me. He came here for my sake. That was difficult for him because your Papa had insulted him so much but he did it because I was on the verge of dying. That is the very reason he is hurting you as well because he wants to annoy his father through you. But you yourself know him. He is not bad from the heart and he cares for you. That's why I decided that you are not going to share the room with him now. Let him miss your presence and realize the husband-like feelings for you. He will come back to you when he realizes that he is your husband. "

Unaiza moved her fingers through her hair in frustration. "Aqia Mama, it's not like that. How should I make you understand?"

Aqia glared. "He must have asked you to advocate in his favor right? But don't worry. I'll handle him. He is my son and I know where to act to so that he can see the reality. Just ignore him for now and don't come in front of him. Let him think about you."

She sighed a harsh breath before coming over to the sofa. She almost dropped on it. None would listen to her because they would think she was saving Huzaifa. Aqia came over to her and touched her shoulder.

"Did he touch you?" She murmured in secrecy.

A blush occupied Unaiza's cheeks. "No."

Aqia exhaled in relaxation. He must be misbehaving with you. Isn't it? Why don't you answer him back? Take a stand for yourself that if he had any issue, it didn't occur because of you. And as his wife, you deserve respect. Why didn't you tell me even, Iza? I would have straightened his twisted self on time."