CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Start from the beginning

"We get it, Diego. Bell bad. What do we do? does anybody know?" he said. "Reggie?" allison asked. the man didn't answer, he was going through pages of a book.

"Reggie" she tried again.

"I'm hungry. does anyone fancy a unagi roll?" asked mom. I followed mom as she began walking towards the food.

Ben stood infront of us "how can You possibly eat at a time like this?" I glared at him.

"I don't know. how can you be a dick at a time like this?" mom shot back as I laughed but covered it with a cough.

"Hey!" Dad walked over to ben "back off, alright?...she's eating for-"

"strength" mom interrupted as me and dad looked at her confused. "in these trying times. Diego can You come with us for a second?" mom grabbed dads arm and pulled him away as I followed behind.

"I just can't believe you were just gonna blurt it out." mom said clearly stressed.

"I'm sorry, alright? but maybe we should tell 'em about the baby. I mean..we already have a kid and they didn't say anything about that" he gestured to me.

"No." mom replied with her mouth full, she quickly swallowed "I'd like to get through the mission before you throw a gender reveal party, thank you very much"

"Yeah, but imagine-"

"can yky pass me the soy sauce, please?"

dad sighed and passed her the bottle thing. mom then turned to me "are You hungry? because if we're all gonna fight this thing then you'll need strength" she then passes me a sushi roll and I looked at it confused.

"uhh, mom?" I said but she interrupted me "you're the youngest out of all of us, and if you fight this creature thing...which I hope You don't, you still need your strength." mom rambled and I looked at dad for help.

he got the signal "lila, hey,hey,hey. calm down alright, y/n won't be fighting anything, she's twelve." dad said to her as she kind of started to calm down. He then continued "I don't get it. like, we're with the people that love us the most, okay? so why wouldn't we tell them?".

mom murmured since her mouth was full. "things suck right now" dad said softly "and it would be nice to give the family something to fight for."

"can you shut up and eat your fish?" mom said, dad smiled "okay. okay." he kissed her cheek and began eating.

"gather up, children" Reginald walked downstairs with ben behind him, he looked really pissed off "the real work can begin."

"Ah, the myth of the seven bells, eh?" asked uncle five. "Exactly. Somebody's been paying attention."

"Okay, so we find the bells, then what?" asked dad. "no,no,no. the bells are just a a metaphor for this." Reginald showed the book.

"The sigil".

"correct, number five. The sigil is the key to the seven bells. once we find this symbol, we're one step closer to resetting the universe."

"What do we do when we find it?". sloane asked.

"I don't know"

"Excuse me? we're here because you said you have a plan." Viktor spoke.

"I do, up to a point." The old man said causing mom to snicker.

"great. so we'll just stay in the hotel forever, staring at the walls and eating bad sushi."

"finding the sigil is our only way out of here and the best chance we have if resetting the universe." Allison said.

I looked at her for a second and then to Reginald, she noticed it. I kept looking between her and reginald suspiciously.

"funny how You smd dad are on the same page again." Said five.

"okay, uh, where do we start?" Viktor asked.

"we'll split into groups. I will go with Allison and Sloane, Ben and Five with Viktor."

"no, we want allison." Viktor argued.

"Ben for Allison. we've trained together, so it makes more sense jd we take allison." Five agreed.

"Yeah. No thanks."

"why not?"

allison went quiet once that question was asked, she looked at Reginald "splendid idea. Allison, you go with the Umbrellas. Sparrows, stick together. Everyone take a different floor. we must find that sigil."

"what about us?" dad asked "you all go together. no one wants to hear your endless bickering, like the little family you are."

"Did you hear that? he called us a little family. I think your fathers starting to grow on me." Said mom as we all walked together.