16: Trip to the toy store

Start from the beginning

I watched as she put the green veggies in a pot and poured water inside then she placed it on top of the stove and turned the burner on. "Okay! Time to make the mac and cheese!~" She cheerfully sung. 

I giggled, seeing her dance over to the counter where I'm standing, she turned on some music and we danced as we made our dinner.

The foods done I'm sitting at the table Jessica prepared my plate for me. "Thank you, Jessica."

Jessica smiled, "I should be thanking you for helping me." 

I smiled and was about to eat but I remembered, "Jessie?"

"Yes, Clem?"

"Can I say tonight's prayer?" 

Jessica's eyes lit up, "Yeah, yes." She grinned.

We closed our eyes and bowed our heads I folded my hands together, "Heavenly Father, please bless this food and let it be nourishment for our bodies. I also thank you for letting us have a roof over our heads and food, Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

I opened my eye, Jessica smiled, "Amen." We began to eat the food and talked about random stuff.

Jessica showed me to the room I'll be staying in, this house has four bedrooms and a guestroom on the first floor.

"Goodnight, Clem." 

"Goodnight." I said as Jessica tucked me in the bed she kissed me on the forehead. She walked to the bedroom and turned off the light switch. She smiled at me one more time and quietly shuts the door.

I closed my eyes and drift off to sleep.

DREAM: HOUSE ON FIRE!!!

"Clementine! Clementine!!!" My eyes snapped wide open, I looked over to my dad he's holding his nose with his hand. "Daddy?"

"Come on, we need to leave!" He said trying to hide the panic in his voice and picks me up in his arms. The whole house is smoky, and I felt smoke going into my lungs. He ran out my room and down the stairs, "Try and hold your breath, honey. Don't breathe in the smoke." I tried to listen but it's hard because the house is so smoky!

When he made it downstairs, he ran to the front door and opened up the running outside.

Daddy sets me down and I coughed into my arm, "Clem, I'll be back I need to get mommy." He said and I nodded as I barked into my arms. One of the neighbors walked up to daddy, "Hey man, I think you should wait for the firefighters." 

"No, my wife's still in there!" He quickly kissed my forehead and ran back inside the burning house while everyone screamed after him, but no one tried to stop him.

Daddy never returned with mommy and when the firefighters showed up, they found two dead bodies in the house that used to be my home.

My two-year-old self stood there frozen staring at nothing with a blank look in my eyes. Tears poured down my cheeks no sobs were heard only shouting and screaming. My mind flashed back to when my dad kissed me on the forehead.

"Mommy? Daddy?"  Are they really gone?  Will I see them again? I took a step forward to the white sheet but before I could pull the sheet back, I got swooped away in someone arms.

"NO! I WANT TO SEE!!! PUT ME DOWN, PLEASE!" I screamed at the top of my smoke filled lungs. "Someone! Get this little girl in the ambulance she was inside the house too!" I heard a man say, "NOOOO, MOMMY, DADDY!" I screamed sobbing and got put in a big vehicle.

"You'll see them again." Was the last thing I heard and then everything blacked out.

DREAM OVER