Maxie

I scanned my pass and headed towards the McLaren garage hoping to avoid Lando after our argument yesterday.

It felt different today not being by his side joking around before the race and wishing each other good luck.

But I haven't needed him up until now so I've just got to focus in today and I'll be fine.

I make my way over to Tom asking him about the car.

"You're sure everything's fixed? I'm not going to break a wrist trying to steer today right?"

"Lacy, you were fine yesterday weren't you?

"I suppose so yes-"

"Then it'll be fine today too." Tom says before walking away to talk with a few of the engineers before the race.

There was quite a bit of time left before I had to get ready so I decided to take a walk around and enjoy the sights of being in the paddock.

"Excuse me?" I hear a child-like voice behind me.

"Are you Maxie's friend?"

I just smile at her and give a confused look.

"Yes P she's my friend." I hear the man who took pole for today's race behind me.

"Really? I didn't know there was a girl who was racing!" She says with pure awe in her eyes.

"She's so sweet Max, this is Kelly's daughter right?"

He nods his head while taking a sip of water.

"Maxie, I want to go meet all of the drivers. Please?" She says looking up at him on her tip toes.

"Of course." He says while putting Penelope up onto his shoulders for her to get a better view of the surroundings.

"You know Max, you're going to make a great father one day." I say to him in full honesty.

The Redbull driver suddenly stops in his tracks and just stares at me.

"Oh I'm sorry I don't know you're situation with P and being a father figure or-"

"No, no... you really think I'll be a good dad?" He says in the softest tone I've ever heard from him.

"Well yea of course." I say while giving him a nod of approval and a light nudge on the arm.

"You know I never had a good relationship with my dad growing up. We would only ever really bond over racing. Anything other than that was off limits."

"Really? Max, me too." We stare at eachother with a sympathetic gleam in our eyes.

"That's why I wanted to be like the father I never had to P or for any other kid I might have in the future."

"Trust me, although I'm sure there may be times where you're scared to turn out like your parent, you'll do great."

He simply smiles before being interrupted by P who had been dangling her feet over Max's shoulders, "Max I want to go see Daniel next!"

"Wait! Before you go let me take a Polaroid of you two cuties."