Chapter 23 Ben to The Future

3rd POV

"I've got the marshmallows!"

"And I've got the graham crackers!"

"we'll wait here while you get the firewood, so we can make s'mores!"

Grandpa Max smiled at his grandkids, "Now it's so nice to finally see you guys getting along!" He said as he picked up a axe and headed into the forest, "I'll be back in a jiffy!"

"Take your time!" Y/n said as he disappeared into the trees.

"...Is he gone?" Gwen asked.

"Yep." Ben said.

"This is your fault!!" Ben and Gwen shouted at each other.

"Grandpa only turns sixty once!" Gwen shouted.

Hope pulled out a sheet of paper, "We'd planned it all out." 

Y/n peered at the list, "You chose his birthday wish?"

"I told her it was too much. She said it was too little." Hope said as she pointed to Gwen.

"And how is he supposed to make a wish without a cake?! That you two were supposed to get!" Gwen shouted as she pointed an accusing finger at Ben and Y/n.

"Don't blame me! This is all on him!" Ben said as he pointed to Y/n.

"Excuse me?! I gave you the money to go buy the cake!" Y/n snapped.

"Um, hello? Full time hero here. When do I have time to go get some dumb old cake?!" Ben snapped back.

"You have XLR8!!" Y/n shouted in exasperation.

The two continued to yell at each other about whose fault it was

The two continued to yell at each other about whose fault it was. It looked like they were about to throw hands when they were interrupted by a portal suddenly opening up.

"Uh... Hope?" Y/n asked.

"Don't look at me. I'm not doing that." Hope said.

A woman clad in a blue cloak suddenly flew out of the portal. She swooped, grabbed Gwen and shock back into the portal.

"Gwen!" Ben cried. He immediately transformed into XLR8 and shot into the portal after her and the woman.

Hope and Y/n looked at each other, "Another normal day for us?" "Oh, definitely."

They got on Hope's staff and disappeared into the portal as is closed up like nothing happened.

Grandpa Max who brought back the firewood looked around the empty campsite, "Kids?"

——————-

The portal led to a cityscape. The lady in blue flew out with Gwen in her arms when XLR8 shot after her and knocked her out and retrieving Gwen.

Y/n and Hope landed next to them and as they looked around the tall skyscrapers and the neon signs with alien lettering on them.

Passerbys, both human and alien stared at Ben in what seemed like awe.