Julios gift

It's 2:30 in the afternoon, and Julieta and agustin are in town with Julio to get him his ceremony clothes. "Now, what color would be best for Julio?" The tailor said. "White is probably best." Julieta said. "Can I have a little bit of red?" Julio asked. Julieta looked at agustin. "I don't see why not. It is his family color." Agustin said. Julieta smiled. "Yes, that's fine," Julieta said. "So white and red?" The tailor asked. "Yes, please," Julio said. "Ok, let's get started then," the tailor said

(Meanwhile, at Casita)
"So Julio is getting a gift?" Camilo asked. "I guess, but I don't know how that's possible he wasn't born into our family," Pepa replied. "Maybe abulea will know?" Camilo asked. "I don't know, but let's get ready for his ceremony tonight. we have about 5 hours to do it." Pepa said. So the madrigals continued to set up decorations for the ceremony

An hour passes, and the tailor is done with julios' outfit. "There you are, young man, one ceremony outfit for a special someone," the tailor said. Julio smiled. "Thank you!" Julio said. "You are very welcome!" The tailor said. Julio,Julieta, and agustin leave the tailor and head to Casita. As they are walking, agustin asks Julieta a question. "So how is it that Julio is getting a gift if he isn't blood related?" Agustin asked. "I don't know. I asked my mom earlier, and she said she would explain later." Julieta said. "Hopefully, she will tell us." Agustin said.

The trio arrived at Casita, and they saw everyone decorating. "Should I bloom some flowers?" Isabela asked. "Si lots of them all over the pillars." Alma said. "Any certain color?" Isabela asked. "Definitely white," Alma said. "And red, please." Julio also said. "Ok, you got it," Isabela said. So Isabela had some red and white flowers  all over the casita.

3 hours pass.
Julieta is preparing for the ceremony. Mirabel walks into the kitchen to see her mami making food for the ceremony. "What do you think his gift will be?" Mirabel asked. "Honesty, I'm not sure. I just hope it's something he would like." Julieta said. "Me too." Mirabel said. "Could I help with anything?" mirabel asked. "No, I have everything almost done for the ceremony." Julieta said. "Ok," mirabel said

It's almost 7 pm (the time for the ceremony)
Julio is in his room putting his ceremony outfit on. He puts his shoes on and heads downstairs where he sees the whole family except Alma, who is on the other side of the curtain. Everyone is smiling at Julio they can hear Alma give her speech. "You don't have to worry that the whole town is there." Pepa said. "All you have to do is make your way up the stairs and towards Alma so you can get your gift." Julieta explained. "Trust me, we've all done it." Camilo said. Julio smiled. "Now we have to go outside the curtain so we aren't in the way." Julieta said. "Good luck," Isabela said.

The curtains opened, and Julio saw the whole village smiling at him while the madrigals were on the side smiling. Julio made his way through the crowd and saw an outline of a door while heading up the stairs. Julio was nervous. Alma smiled as he approached. Julio arrived at the top of the stairs. Alma bends over towards Julio and smiles. "Put your hands on the candle," Alma whispers. Julio is confused. "Ok," Julio said nervously. "No need to be nervous," Alma said.

Julio placed his hands on the candle. "With your gift, will you help our family and add strength to our community?" Alma asked. Julio nodded his head. Alma smiled and moved out of the way towards the outline of the door. Julio stood in one place. The madrigals looked at each other in confusion. "Why is he standing there?" Mirabel asked. "I have no idea." Camilo replied. "Julio, you have to place your hand on the doorknob now." Alma whispered. "Oh, sorry," Julio said.

Julio walked up to the doorknob and placed his hand on the doorknob. But when he did, the door disappeared, Alma looked at the door as it disappeared. Alma was worried, and the community was confused. The madrigals were all worried. "No, this can't happen again." Alma said. "What can't happen again?" Julio asked. "I'm sorry you didn't get a door." Alma said as she ignored the question. "What do you mean?" Julio said. Alma was confused. "I don't understand." Alma said in confusion. "The door is right there." Julio said as he pointed towards the wall.

"What's he talking about?" Agustin asked. "I'm not sure," Luisa said. "You don't see the door?" Julio asked. "No..." Alma replied. Julio walked up to the wall where the door is supposed to be and disappeared. Everyone was shocked. Everyone kept asking questions. "What happened? Where did he go? What is this?" The community asked. Julio reappeared. "Julio, where'd you go?" Alma asked. "Through the door," Julio replied. "What door?" Alma asked in confusion. So Julio grabbed almas hand, and the door appeared. "Oh," Alma said

A few moments pass, and the door appears for everyone to see. "What is his gift?" Julieta asked. "I'm not sure," Pepa replied. The door seemed to have Julio holding an object. "Well, either way, we'll find out soon enough." Julieta said.

A few hours pass, and Julio is in his new room trying to figure out what his gift is. "Do I do something or not?" Julio asked himself. A few moments pass, and Julio gets ready for bed. He picks up a necklace with a picture of him and his mom and looks over to see someone standing next to his bed. It was a woman with the same hair color as him, the same skintone as him, and also was happy to see him. "Mom?" Julio asked. Julio put down the necklace, and his mom disappeared. He picked it back up, and she was now sitting next to him. "Julio, my sweet boy, I'm sorry I left this world too soon. I would never leave you, but you have to understand I was very ill and I had no other family members left." Cali said. "Family?" Julio asked in confusion.

End of chapter