Julios birthday

It's now october 17th at 5:30 am and everyone is in bed. Julieta suddenly wakes up and gets ready for Julios birthday she throws on her apron and walks downstairs. Julieta walks into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. As she waits for the coffee to brew, agustin walks up behind and whispers. "Happy birthday, mi amor." Julieta jumps. "You scared me agustin!" Julieta whispered. Agustin laughed a little. Julieta smiled. "What are you doing up so early?" Agustin asked. "I wanted to do some extra stuff for Julio." Julieta said.

It's now 6:30, and pepa wakes up while Felix is still in bed. She gets ready for the day. She puts her earrings in and walks downstairs. Pepa smells something sweet in the air but can't figure out what it is. She walks into the kitchen and finds Julieta and agustin preparing for julios' birthday. "Happy birthday, Julieta!" Pepa said. Julieta smiled. "Happy birthday, Pepa," Julieta replied. Felix came up behind Pepa and hugged her. "Happy birthday, mi amor," Felix said. Pepa hugged Felix back. "Thank you," Pepa said. "Ok, what's the plan for today?" Pepa asked. "We need to get julios breakfast ready first, and then we will go from there." Julieta explained.

It's now 8:30, and the adults have almost everything ready for the day. Alma woke up and walked downstairs to make a cup of coffee when she heard noise coming from the kitchen. She walks towards the kitchen and sees Julieta and pepa finishing julios breakfast. "Happy birthday, Pepa and julieta," Alma said. "Thank you, Mama," both Pepa and Julieta said. "Is Julio awake yet?" Pepa asked. "I don't think so," Alma said. "I'll go check," Julieta said.

Julieta stops what she's doing and goes upstairs. As she is walking, she sees Isabela come out of her room. "Happy birthday, mami," Isabela said. "Thank you, mi vida," Julieta replied. Julieta opens julios' door and sees he is still sleeping. Julieta shuts the door quietly. And walks back downstairs. Dolores comes up to Julieta. "I'll let you know when Julio wakes up," Dolores said. "Thank you, that'll be really helpful." Julieta said. Julieta went downstairs and finished breakfast.

30 minutes pass, and Julio wakes up and stretches his arms and legs. Dolores hears this and warns Julieta that Julio is now awake. "Ok, we have everything ready for breakfast." Julieta said. So Julio walks down the stairs and walks into the kitchen, and sees the adults. But he thinks nothing of it. The adults all smile. "Happy birthday, Julio!" Everyone said. Julio smiled a little. "We made you breakfast." Julieta said. "We made arepas we cut up some fruit and we have coffee and orange juice so you can pick whatever you want." Pepa said. Julio. So Julio looked around the table and grabbed some arepas fruit and water. "You don't want orange juice." Pepa asked. "I don't like orange juice." Julio replied. "Oh ok," Pepa said.

An hour passes, and Julio finishes his breakfast. Julieta smiles at Pepa and whispers. "When should we give him you know what?" Julieta asked. "I'm ready whenever you are." Pepa replied. Julieta looked over at Julio, but he was seen walking in the village. "He's quick," Julieta said. "Guess we'll give it to him later." Pepa said.

It's now 12:45
Mirabel is out in the village shop to get some yarn for her crafts when she sees Julio. Sitting around a group of kids. Mirabel smiles and walks over to the group of kids. "So you come from a different town far away?" A little kid said. "Yes," Julio replied. "What are you guys talking about?" Mirabel said with a smile. "We were talking about where Julio came from." A girl said. "Oh, that's neat." Mirabel said. Julio got up from the group and headed back to Casita. "Bye Julio!" A girl shouted. Mirabel followed Julio back to Casita. As they both walked to Casita, Alma could be seen in the doorway smiling. "Hello Julio, could you please follow me?" Alma asked as she put her hand out towards Julio. Julio grabbed Almas hand and walked towards the main area of Casita.

As they were walking, the whole family could seen each family holding one gift each. "What's going on?" Julio asked nervously. "We know you haven't had it good since your mom passed, so we all got together and got you a gift for your birthday one gift from each family." Pepa explained. "That's right, we may have our moments from time to time, but we care about you so much." Julieta said. "We also want to make you feel comfortable living here." Agustin said. "And special... but not to special hehe, " Felix teased. "I love having you around even at you weakest." Isabela said. "You are probably the kindest person I know in the Encanto." Luisa said. "My animals love you," Antonio said. Julio was about to tear up. Julieta came up with a gift wrapped in blue wrapping paper. "Happy birthday, Julio." Julieta whispered.

Julio opened the gift to find a necklace with a picture of him and his mom together. Julio teared up a bit. "Thank you," Julio said sadly. Pepa came up to him with a gift wrapped in yellow wrapping paper. "Happy birthday, Julio," Pepa said with a smile. Julio opened the gift to find a photo book. Julio opened the photo book and saw tons of photos with him and his mom, and him with the madrigals. "If you ever get sad, you can always look at the memory book." Just then, Dolores came with one last gift. Only this gift was wrapped in green wrapping paper. Alma took the gift from Dolores and handed it down to Julio. "This one is very special." Alma said Julio was confused, but he opened the gift to find that it's a poncho with a blue yellow and green pattern. Julio was amazed by the pattern. "Thank you, I love it," juliobsaid with a smile

"Now you don't have to wear if you don't want to." Alma explained. "Why wouldn't I want to wear it?" Julio explained. Alma was surprised. Julio took the poncho his mom made and put the new one on. "Well, we are glad you like it." Alma said. Julio went up to Julieta and gave her a hug, and then the entire family came in for a group hug. "I love you guys." Julio said. Everyone was happy to hear that.

Later that day, the candle was acting weird. Alma noticed and went to investigate when she noticed an outlined door appear on the wall. She quickly went down and was shocked. Julieta was going upstairs to grab something from her room when she, too, noticed the door. Julieta looked at Alma in shock. "How is this possible?" Julieta asked. Alma was silent.

Julieta rushed into Julio room to tell him what's happening. "I'm getting a room?" Julio asked. "That's right." Julieta said. "But how I'm not related to this family...blood related, sorry," Julio said. "I don't know, but we have to get you ready for the ceremony tonight," Julieta explained.

End of chapter