Grounded (day 4)

Julio wakes up in his bed. He looks out the window and sees that it's daytime. He goes towards the door and reaches for the doorknob. He tries to open it but finds put that it's locked. "You are not coming out of your room, young man!" Alma said. "Why not?!" Julio asks. "Because you ran off." Alma replied. "Well, guess I'm gonna starve then." Julio said. "Don't worry, Julieta will bring food for you." Alma explained. "If she brings me food, i won't eat it." Julio said. "Yes, you will." Alma said. "Alright, fine, I'll prove it." Julio said.

An hour passes, and Julieta is making breakfast. Julieta is worried about Julio. Agustin walks in and sees his wife making breakfast for everyone. Julieta makes a plate for Julio. "Do you want me to take his plate up for you?" Agustin asked. "He won't listen to anyone." Julieta said. "Do you think he'll listen to you?...sorry I didn't mean that in a rude way." Agustin said. "I hope because he can't go hungry." Julieta replied.

Julieta gets done, making Julios plate and walks upstairs to his room. She opens the door to see Julio sitting on the bed with his arms around his legs. "Are you hungry? I brought you a plate." Julieta asked. Julio is silent. Julieta sets his plate on the nightstand and walks out of the room.

4 hours pass, and Julieta walks up to julios' room to bring him lunch. She opens the door and sees Julio in the same position. She also notices on the nightstand that he didn't touch his breakfast. "Julio, why didn't you eat?" Julieta asked kindly. Julio is silent once again. So Julieta swaps his breakfast plate with his lunch plate. "Please eat...for me?" Julieta asked. Julio doesn't even look at Julieta.

It's now evening, and Julieta is cooking dinner. Camilo walks in the kitchen where Julieta is cooking. "What are you making, tia?" Camilo asked. "I'm making arepas with vegetables on the side." Julieta said. "You make the best food, tia." Camilo said. "Thank you." Julieta said. Just then, camilo walks out while agustin walk into the kitchen. "Is everything alright, mi amor?" Agustin asked. "No, Julio didn't eat breakfast, and I don't think he ate his lunch." Julieta explained. "That's not good." Agustin replied. "I don't understand. All he was trying to do was help 1 person, and my mom got mad at him for that?" Julieta explained. "Exactly, and he was finally warming up to everyone." Agustin. Julieta sighed. "I know that's the thing that makes me a little bit angry." Julieta said. "Should we talk to your mom?" Agustin asked. "We can try, but it won't do anything." Julieta replied.So Julieta and agustin find Alma.

Alma is in her room writing when she hears a knock on her door. "Come in," Alma said. Julieta opens the door and walks in with agustin right behind her. "Mama, can you please unground Julio?" Julieta asked. "No," Alma replied. "Why not?" Julieta asked. "Because he ran off." Alma replied. "And why did he run off?" Agustin asked. "He didn't follow the rules. He was disrespectful, and most importantly, he ran off, so no, I won't unground him end of story!" Alma explained. "But Mama, he was trying to help. And also he was warming up to everyone." Julieta explained. "How do you know that?" Alma asked in curiosity. "Because he has been happy he's been talking more, and also he gave me and pepa a hug. He's never done that the entire time he's been here!" Julieta said. "I suppose you're correct. I feel guilty now." Alma said. Alma sighed. "I'll unground him, but he will be grounded for the rest of the night." Alma said. "Ok, that can work," agustin said.

Julieta and agustin leave the room. Julieta knocked on julios' door and walked in agustin waited outside. Julieta sat next Julio on his bed. "My mom said that after today, you aren't grounded." Julieta said. Julio looked at Julieta. "Really?" Julio said. Julieta smiled and nodded her head. "Ok, that does seem fair." Julio said. So Julieta went back downstairs to finish making dinner. While Julio started to read another book.

End of chapter