Chapter 14

London, 2019

The party had been going on for a few hours now, but the visitors seemed to have no need to leave any time soon.

Viv and Lisa's flat had an air of happiness, as people conversed under the soft glow of orange lamps. The music was prominent, but not overbearing, so neighbours had no reason to complain.

Jill and Juno had been talking near an open window that overlooked the city lights, none of them even remembered how long they had been there but they enjoyed it.

Each other's presence gave them comfort. Simultaneously, and without noticing it, they had become each other's person. Not that either of them could ever say that outloud.

But it was starting to get a little chilly, as the late night winds blew through the curtains and onto Juno's skin.

But it was so peaceful. She was really enjoying the time she was spending with the Dutch girl, and she didn't want to disrupt that bubble thay had created just because she was a little cold.

So she didn't say anything, instead, she tried to act nonchalantly, against the cold.

Unfortunately, weather cannot be controlled by the mind.

She started shivering, only slightly. Her skin grew goosebumps as she fidgeted with the hems of her hoodie to try and find some warmth.

As soon as she started doing this though, Jill noticed.

Juno barely fidgeted, she only did it excessively before matches, when her mind was flooded by uncertainty.

And Jill knew her well enough at this point to notice her unusual behaviour.

"You're cold." said the Dutch girl bluntly.

"What? No I'm fine, don't worry about it." persisted Juno.

"I'm not worrying about it, just stating a problem." she said simply, "A problem that could easily be solved if we just move closer inside."

Juno only rolled her eyes at Jill's 'matter-of-fact' tone and let her drag her away to the other side of the room, far away from any window.

"How did you notice?" asked Juno, innocently, "That I was cold, I mean."

Jill could only look down at her, staring deep into her eyes, as if trying to tell her something without actually saying anything.

"I think I know you well enough by now to know that you get cold easily." she said, quirking her head slightly to the side, pausing to see if Juno was catching up to her train of thought.

"You used to steal the bedsheets all the time... I had to be the one who froze for the night."

Juno's breathing system stopped.

Oh.

She gulped and shook her shock away, sending Jill a warm but radiant smile, looking like she just got caught.

Now it was Jill's turn to gulp.

She was adorable.

She couldn't help but think of all the time they had already spent at Arsenal together, and yet, nothing had happened between them.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Juno's head tuned to the side, looking towards the kitchen.

"Care to join me for another drink?" asked the English girl, looking forward to another fruity Gin Tonic.

"Sure, yeah."

The two girl ventured into the kitchen, looking for glasses and ingredients.

When the drinks were fully prepared, Juno handed Jill her glass as they both took a large sip, letting the sweet alcohol mixture warm their stomachs.