Chapter 6

Bayern Munich, 2018

FC Bayern Munich v Eintracht Frankfurt

It was a Saturday, and after a 2 full weeks of training, Juno would experience her first match with Bayern Munich. Although she and everyone knew that she was a fantastic player, it was decided by Wörle that she would be subbed in, just for her to get a glimpse of how the team plays first.

They reached Frankfurt's stadium, but it was still early, they were there to check it out and get used to it before the match. As they walked around and the team dispersed around the area, Jill fell into step with Juno.

The two girls had become quite close throughout the two weeks, and they were quite comfortable in each other's presence. Along with Sydney, the three had become almost inseparable, never seen without each other during trainings and at each other's flats. But Juno's friendship was different with Sydney to how it was with Jill, although it wasn't clear to her why. With Jill, physical touch was prominent, the pair always finding a way to be physically connected in some way. Their hands would always brush when walking together and Juno's legs would never fail to appear on top of Jill's when they would sit together. If standing side to side, Jill, who was taller than Juno, would rest her arm on the other girl's shoulders, pulling her towards herself.

It had become routine at this point, and everyone began to get used to it; if Juno was walking alone, she would be joined by Jill and vice versa. So as they walked around the pitch, the two girls fell into a comfortable silence, the only sound that could be heard was the rhythmic rubbing of their coats as they brushed against each other.

Soon enough, the sun was going down and the girls were changing into their uniforms. The match would not be simple, and no one expected it to be, so the changing room was much more serious than how it would be in training.

Leupolz spoke up, "Listen up everyone! This is no easy match, we will not go into that pitch and play defensively, today we attack. I want everyone fully focused on getting those three points, okay? Don't wait on them to make a move, if a player loses the ball, you better be there already, fighting to get your feet on it, got it? We are stepping onto that pitch today to prove we are a great fucking team, because that's who we are. Let's go team!"

The pressure was certainly there, Juno could not disappoint, she had to prove her worthiness of being a part of the club, they had to win the match.

The whistle blew shortly after and Juno sat on the bench as the starting XI made their way into the pitch. Her two new friends were starters, Jill and Sydney were standing against each other, the latter sending her a smile while Jill winked at her.

There was something in their way of interacting that motivated Juno into becoming better at everything she did. Jill's wink had been her way of saying, I'll meet you on the pitch, and so she would make sure to do exactly that.

As soon as the whistle was blown to commence the match, it was noticeable that every single player on that pitch was determined to win. Players scrambled for lost balls, dived for goals desperately and tackled aimlessly, it was a very disorganised game.

However, at the 31st minute, Frankfurt scored. It was Jackie Groen. She appeared out of thin air, using her speed to take Bayern's defence by surprise, so as she cut into the zone, she volleyed the ball into the net, getting past Zinsberger's gloves.

It was still early in the game, Bayern had time to equalise and win.

The equaliser came banging not too much later. Sydney Lohmann managed to steal a loose ball left in the midfield, and shot it far towards goal, where Jill Roord was running to. The Dutch player found the ball, faking it to the left and running up the right wing. From distance, she shot it, finding the upper right corner, equalising the scores.