Chapter 5

As Juno turned around the corner towards the living room, she bumped into a tall, Dutch girl again; "God! You Dutchies just appear out of thin air!"

Vivianne, confused as ever, just continued her journey towards the kitchen. As soon as she laid eyes on Jill, her confusion only grew.

"Jill? Are you okay?" she asked in Dutch. Her friend was looking down at the floor, stuck in a pensive position as she looked lost in thought. Now, she could start piecing some things together.

Vivianne had heard the last bit of her teammates conversation, not by eavesdropping, but because her friends hadn't been exactly quiet as she approached them.

'Oh, so you find me attractive, Jilly?'

'Oh stop it will you? As if.'

Jill lifted her head up, she hadn't noticed how long she had spent trying to figure Juno out. That was the thing with the English girl, no one ever understood her completely, but they were all used to it by now. She was always joking around, but by the way she acted on the pitch, so focused and serious, Jill knew that this girl wasn't exactly who she let on to be.

"I'm fine, the shots are getting to me, that's all."

Vivianne was not so sure, she knew her friend, and she knew she didn't often lie, but she could feel like maybe something did happen at Bayern Munich. And she too understood, having been Juno's teammate before, that everyone was often starstruck by her and her playful actions. Who wouldn't? After all, Juno Seton's life was like a spectacle, and she was the show's star girl, who wouldn't be curious?

"Are you sure that's what happened?" The slightly older girl questioned,

"I heard the last bit of your conversation" she added, "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I was just close by."

"Oh... Oh. No, Viv, I know what you're going to say. And no, it's not what you think. That's just how Juno is, she flirts with everyone, it's normal behaviour."

"I know, I didn't mean her. I meant you, your reaction. You seem quite shaken up." Viv got closer to her, looking at the girl as she tried to figure her out.

"I'm not shaken up, I'm fine. She's just joking, I know that." Jill was getting defensive, and she didn't even know why.

"I know you know. I guess I just thought that maybe you wanted for her to not be joking." Viv did not mean to pry, she just wanted to understand her best friend.

"What? Viv, you have no idea what you are talking about. And it's non of your business anyway! Stay out of it." Jill stormed off. She was angry for many reasons, now she could add Vivianne's nosey behaviour to the list.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The night went on and the moment in the kitchen was soon over everyone involved's heads. To say the least, the team's bonding night had been a huge success; having a team like Arsenal, all you needed was a comfortable space and some food to have fun. Shortly after Juno went to pick up the sushi, the girls had decided to stop playing games because the new signings were not used to their mocking and it could have given them the wrong idea. So the team went through various activities like karaoke, just chatting, some friendly games and more, until they decided to play Monopoly.

While Vivianne and Kim Little were giving out the amount of money and material needed, Leah pulled Juno towards her small hallway.

"Juno, are you okay?" she asked, looking quite worried.