Tattooed Wings.

CW/TWs: Canon Universe/Post-Canon/Spoilers for Supernatural/Possessive Dean Winchester/Angel Castiel/Matchmaker Charlie Bradbury/First Kiss/Tattoos/Ambiguous Or Open Ending/Happy Ending.

Not sure what this is, but I just had a thought about Cas getting angel wings tattooed on his back and it spawned this.

-
-
-

Castiel was sitting at the table reading a book at the table when Dean walked into the Bunker's kitchen. The older Winchester figured Sam was in the library looking for their next case, or he was on his morning run while Jack was… well Jack was sort of just chilling with them. He hangs out at the Bunker more than he's tending to heaven, and sometimes they forget he's God now. It's hard to look at him and think “that's the Almighty,” but it was hard to believe Chuck was too when they found out. They've just gotten used to it, like every other weird thing that comes into their life. Like Garth. You can't escape Garth. Dean started on breakfast after arriving at the stove. The bacon was started first, then he fried eggs in the leftover oil. He toasted some bread and cut some fresh lettuce.

It's good to have a well-rounded diet according to Sam… and Castiel. Dean's trying, okay? He just can't go full living off rabbit food, but he's cut down on the drinking. When Castiel went on a worried rant about how bad his liver was looking, Dean decided he should probably actually start taking better care of himself. He was hitting his late forties, and things would start getting bad very quickly if he didn't do things to help himself. It was just hard some days, but he's doing pretty well so far. He's only had one drink a day. He platted his and Castiel's food, making sure to text Sam and Jack to let them know breakfast was finished and waiting for them. No, Jack and Castiel don't eat, but Dean makes them plates anyway. He or Sam make sure it doesn't go to waste.

The hunter sat across from Castiel, sliding a plate to him.
“Mornin’ Cas.” Dean greeted as he started in on his BLT after putting some mayonnaise on it

“Good morning, Dean. Thank you for breakfast.” Castiel said, putting his bookmark on the page he had stopped at, then placed the book near the wall so it wouldn't be in the way

“No problem.” Dean said with one side of his cheek bulging with food

They went quiet, and the older Winchester enjoyed it. Mornings with Castiel were tranquil and allowed Dean to just think about things or plan his day. The Angel always gave him the silence he needed. Midway through eating and watching Castiel slowly eat his own BLT, the Angel stopped. Dean saw him pick up the food and put it on his own plate. Castiel then got up and put the plate in the sink before returning. He looked like he wanted to ask something, but he was interrupted by Sam and Jack appearing for their breakfast. They each grabbed their plate and thanked Dean before leaving the kitchen to go do whatever they were doing. Now that he thinks about it, they're probably playing some nerdy game together. The older hunter shook his head and finished his BLT before moving to what was left of Castiel's. That's when he decided to ask.

“Dean, where do you get a tattoo?” The Angel inquired

Dean frowned in confusion as he swallowed his bite.
“Huh?” He questioned

Castiel seemed to be confused by the other's confusion.
“Humans get tattoos often, and I was wondering where you get them.” He stated

Dean didn't understand why an Angel of the Lord was asking about tattoos, but he had always been curious. It should be sort of obvious, though. Especially to him.
“You just find a good tattoo shop, I guess.” He shrugged and choked down the last few bites of Castiel's BLT before washing it down with some water

The Angel had hummed in reply along with a nod, then he went quiet and picked up his book to continue reading in silence. Dean glanced at him. It was an odd question even for Cas, and that peaked his curiosity, so of course he couldn't just let something like that go. An Angel asking about a tattoo? He's never heard of such a thing, and Dean is sure it's not because Castiel wants a warding tattoo of some kind. It's way too late in the game for that, plus it would be pointless since he's an Angel.