And he did find Jeongguk in the library sitting in the corner away from the crowd.
Despite the open book before him, Jeongguk's demeanor hinted at a sense of anticipation, as if he were awaiting the arrival of a particular someone.

"Jeongguk" Taehyung's voice echoed through the library, calling out to Jeongguk.

With a gentle exhale, Jeongguk closed his eyes, savoring the sound of Taehyung's honeyed voice as it caressed his name for the first time.

Pretending not to hear, he allowed the words to linger in the air, relishing the sweetness of each syllable. Behind closed eyelids, he smiled softly, cherishing the anticipation of hearing Taehyung's voice taking his name once more.

And it did come once more.

"Jeongguk, h-hi," Taehyung whispers as he takes the seat right in front of Jeongguk.

And Jeongguk looks at him --- right in Taehyung's eyes which makes Taehyung's lashes flutter as he bites on his lips.

"Yes?"

"A-actually Professor Lee paired me with you for our next literature project," Taehyung says as he finally looks at Jeongguk.

"Oh, did he?" Jeongguk says as he pretends to be engrossed in his reading.

"Yes,"

"So, what's the topic?"

"Huh"

"What is the topic of our project, Taehyung?"

"I-I don't know." He could barely register Jeongguk's words except his name.

"Right. When was the last time you opened the book?"

"Oh--when was the last time we met in the library." Taehyung smiles at him as answers Jeongguk.

"Here, go through all of this, review, and analyze. I want to get the project done in five days." Jeongguk says as passes the study material for the Literary research project.

"All of this? In just five days?" Taehyung mumbled as his eyes zeroed in on the pages.

His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the date at the top corner of the first page.
And goodness he was five freaking days late, he has missed the start of the project by five days.

"Jeongguk, I'm-I'm sorry," Taehyung says and Jeongguk peered at him with knitted brows, confused, he followed Taehyung's eyes darted at the date.

"Because of me we are lagging behi-"

"It was a mistake." Taehyung looks up at him as Jeongguk cuts him in the middle.

"It was my mistake, I absentmindedly typed the wrong date."

"But yes, you are a day late."

"Really? I'll make it up to you."

"How so?" Jeongguk says as he folds his hands while resting his head on the glass window beside him.

"I-I'll work hard on this project for both of us and I'll make sure to contribute my all efforts." Taehyung says with his lips pressed together firmly showing his readiness to contribute wholeheartedly.

"But you don't know the topics."

"Ah- I'll buy you lunch." Taehyung pouts at Jeongguk's words.

"Hey, I'm having a movie night at my home this Sunday, you can join it and we'll work on our project as well." Taehyung says, his voice resonating with excitement.

"Do you often call strangers at home for a movie night?" Jeongguk utters as he corrects his posture.

"Stranger? But now I know you. And also Jiminie and Yoongi hyung will be there. And Wurin, he'd be there too, you guys are friends, no?" Taehyung pursues him.

"No."

"Huh"

"No, I'm not interested, and about the project meet me in Velvet café at 6 tomorrow." Jeongguk grumbles.

"But-"

Taehyung pauses as he feels a hand on his shoulder, he glances behind to find Wurin grinning at him as he sits beside Taehyung.

"Hi baby, what are you doing here, with him?" Wurin asks as he hugs Taehyung who hugged him back.

"Jeongguk and I are assigned a group project so we were discussing it."
Taehyung says, his hands fidgeting with Wurin's handband.

"Really?" Wurin eyes Jeongguk as he pulls Taehyung closer to him.

"Yes and I also invited him for our movie night since you guys are friends, it'd be fun, right? Taehyung says as his eyes follow Jeongguk's, resting on his and Wurin's clasped fingers.

"And what did he say?"
Taehyung pulled his hands from Wurin's as he spoke "he denied."

"Oh did he, that low class." Wurin's smirk deepened into a sly grin as he watched Jeongguk leave.

"Wurin?"

"Yes, babe," Wurin says as he rests his hands around Taehyung.

"Would you bring Jeongguk with you?" Taehyung asks as his lips form a pout.

"Whatever my baby wants." He hugs Taehyung and he assures him, his voice a little bitter.

Jeongguk glanced over his shoulder at the couple hugging before walking out.

_____________________________________

It was the longest chapter.
Bye bye
Vote and comment:)