4. Got their forever and good timing

A\N: I'm sorry I've not updated or published in a few days but with today being quiet, I'll be able to get a few stories out. This will be the final chapter, I promise, Angels. In this one, Alicia reunites with Will in the afterlife. I hope you enjoy this one, Angels. 

TGWTGWTGWTGW

She died at age 50, only 7 years after the love of her life was violently taken away from her. She had forgotten a lot of important stuff over the seven years but she had never forgotten her first love, the love that was violently taken away from her before she could end the war that they found themselves at the centre of. She never forgot that he had loved her, she never forgot that she loved him

But unlike him, who had no idea that his death was coming and was alone when he was killed, she knew she was going to be dead, and she was surrounded by what remained of her family when death took hold of her.

Her  ex-husband, his wife of 5 years, their two adult children, Zach and Grace, their, daughter-in-law, their 1 year old granddaughter, Willow (Will, in honour of your first love her son said when he introduced the newborn little girl to his mother), her little brother, his husband, Eli,  Diane and her husband Kurt and her former partner and 2 best friends, Cary and Finn, were all by her side, tears rolled down their faces as Diane and Cary took her hands in theirs and told her that it was okay to go, told her to be with Will. She gave them all one last smile before death claimed her, just like it had Will 7 years ago on a courtroom floor instead of a bed surrounded by family. 

TGWTGWTGWTGW

When she 'awoke' from death's grip, she was alone. The room she was in was bare except for the bed she was laying on and a  mirror on the wall. She got off the bed and walked over to the mirror and looked into it, she was shocked to see herself as the 23 year old she didn't remember being.

"Alicia Cavanaugh?" A voice said from behind her, she looked behind her in the mirror and saw a figure with blue eyes and brown eyes. 

"Yes." She replied, the man held out his hand as she spun around, admiring what she was wearing: a white summer dress with black wedged heels with her hair in a side French braid. She shook the man's hand. 

"Jordan Summer's, you've kept people waiting a long time to see you, Ms Cavanaugh." Jordan said, she crinkled her perfect brows. "I'm sorry?" She said in confusion. Jordan merely chuckled and motioned for her to walk with him, so she did, her heels clacked as she did so. 

They left the room she was in and Jordan began to talk to her. "Alicia, you're in Heaven, I know, I know you don't believe in this stuff, but it's true, you're in Heaven because you did a lot of good up until your death, not to mention you stuck by your ex-husband when you didn't have to. You sacrificed your own happiness and love for the man who hurt you and your children over and over again.  You briefly gave into your happiness for a short while before you ended it. You still loved him even when you were with Peter." Alicia let out an eye roll.

 While she and Peter divorced shortly after Will had died because he had found a new love and she was grieving the loss of her love, she still knew that her ex-husband would be there for her, and he was. He helped her through her grief when Will died. Peter was there for her when her drinking got so out of control that he, Diane, Cary, Kalinda, Finn, Grace, Zach, Eli, Owen,  Veronica and Jackie staged an intervention for her and said that drowning herself in wine wasn't what Will would've wanted. She had scoffed and replied that Will was dead and wouldn't care what she did anymore, Diane suddenly slapped her across the face and told her that even in death Will would always care what she did. After the intervention from her family, she threw away all the alcohol she had in the apartment, save for the bottle of wine Will gave her for her birthday, the bottle that they were going to drink together, but they never did. he was dead by her next birthday, so the bottle had lived on her nightstand for 8 years, behind pictures and his baseball she had been given by his sisters at his funeral.

"I did, I've loved him for 27 years." She whispered to Jordan as he stopped in front of a glass door. Jordan opened one of the doors with a smile. 

"Enjoy your afterlife, Alicia." He said before he walked away from her until she was alone.  

She opened one of the doors and walked out. 

She allowed a smile to come on her face as she recognised where she was currently standing, and who she was staring at. 

Tears started to form in her eyes as she drank him in: he was 23 again and wearing jeans, with a black t-shirt, a zip up jacket, a pair of Converse on his feet and a large smile on his face and a baseball cap on top of his unruly head. 

"Will." She whispered. 

"Alicia." He returned the whisper as she ran toward him, throwing her arms around his neck, he spun her around in a circle as tears flew down her face. 

"Will." She said into his neck as he was spinning her around. He placed her on the ground and kissed her for the first time in 10 years. She kissed him back. She didn't know how long they stood kissing on the Georgetown quad but she didn't care, she was dead, she was dead with him. He pulled away from her and cradled her face in his hands and simply stared at her. 

"I missed you, Leesh." She smiled at the nickname she hadn't heard from his lips in a decade.

"I missed you too, Will." She responded before she kissed him once and took his hand in hers. 

"Come on, Gardner, show me around." She said and he obliged, taking her on a tour of the place where they fell in love with each other 27 years ago. 

She would spend the afterlife with Will, her true love.

TGWTGWTGWTGW

Time worked differently in the afterlife, but she didn't care, she had Will at her side then they were joined by Diane who died in her sleep three years after Alicia's death, they were joined by Kurt only a month after Diane, then they were joined by Cary, Finn, Eli, Peter and his wife ten years after her death. 

She knew Owen and his husband would take care of Zach, Grace and her granddaughter regardless of how old they were. 

With Will and the majority of their family at her side, Alicia could now live again because she and Will finally got their good timing and forever, even if it was in the afterlife. 

"I'll love you forever." She told Will one night as they sat at the Ferris Wheel, watching as their family ran around below on the free games. 

Will chuckled and kissed her. 

"I'm okay with that." He replied softly. 

"Luckily we've got forever to love each other." He said when she leaned her head on his shoulder, he kissed her hair as the wheel started to go back around. 

TGWTGWTGWTGW

A\N: I meant to have this out yesterday but things got in the way, so I'm doing it now, this has been a different kind of fic for me and I enjoyed it. I'm having a day of writing and finishing stories, have a good week and enjoy this one, Angels. 

🎉 You've finished reading she couldn't have lived in a world where William Gardner wasn't in it with her. 🎉