4: A Plan

"The plan is simple," Hikari said as he stood in front of two people. The day was fresh. Some birds landed on a tree behind him, and the park had yet to be filled with whoever came here. "I will meet you in the alley. You," Hikari pointed at the girl, "will stab the guards from behind." She nodded steadily. "You," Hikari pointed at her brother who had the exact same hair as his sister, "will make sure nobody catches us from behind."

"And you will guide us," the girl said, "Like you said you would."

"I will," Hikari said as he flashed a confident smile, "If we all do our part, we should be out there without sounding any of the alarms."

Thanks to the phone Hikari had stolen it only took one button to turn off all of the alarms. Not that he wanted to boast, but his hacking skills were good.
The girl smiled back with confidence, and stayed back when her brother left.

Hikari had already turned to pick up the papers behind him. He frowned at them, knowing he had to discard of them so they couldn't be read. They had served their purpose, explaining the two siblings what was the plan.
"What's up?" Hikari said when he noticed the girl hadn't left yet.

"I just had some questions," the girl said as she jumped onto the table where Hikari had put the papers.

"Oh really." Hikari smiled once more. "Ask away."

"When do you have time to hang out?"

Hikari confusedly tilted his head. "Why? I mean, we're just meeting up for the heist."

"Come on silly," the girl gave Hikari a wink, "I'm sure you have some free time soon."

Realising the girl wanted to know Hikari outside of criminal business, Hikari dropped his kind smile.
"Not to be rude, or an arsehole," he said patiently, "But I've forgotten your name. I really don't care about you and all I need from you is your role in the heist. You'll get your part of the prize, and then your gone."

A bit stupidly, the girl got up. She walked away, a hurt look on her face.
Hikari sighed and grabbed a lighter from his pocket. Before he lit the papers, he grabbed a pack of smokes from his pockets. He knew it was bad, he knew Hawks would be mad...
But it felt good, so why not.

The day went by quickly, and after school, Hikari found himself in the alley.

It a shady alley, but at least it was clean. A tall wall rose up behind Hikari, but not as tall as the two building behind him.
The two siblings arrived and Hikari stopped fidgeting with his lighter.

"You're late," Hikari said annoyed, but he sighed and turned behind him to the wall, "Push me up, I'm lighter than you both, I'll pull you up."

The girl shrugged and gestured for her brother to go with it.

Hikari used the wall to reach a window. He carefully looked wether it was safe before he climbed in
First he pulled the girl up, the boy after.

The girl immediately looked outside the room and the sound of metal piercing skin let Hikari know they should hurry.
When Hikari found the right place to be, he quickly grabbed all he needed.
His backpack was stuffed when he swung it back over his shoulder. Next to him the boy filled his own bag and Hikari glared. "You're supposed to look out—"

"Nobody's gonna—" Suddenly a distant shout sounded. "...Follow us." Hikari almost dropped the phone he was holding, but let go anyway, intended to leave it there.

"Come on, we've got to hurry," Hikari said as he ran to the door. The boy hurried after him and the girl quickly picked up her own bag.
The three of them ran past the countless labs before reaching the hallway where they had come from.

"How do you know the layout?" The boy asked. Obviously he would have been lost if he were on is own.

"I just know everything," Hikari replied annoyedly before he paused. In front of them two guards reached for their weapons.

"In there!" Hikari pointed at a door. The girl pushed it open and ran towards the window.
Hikari came through last and they landed in the alley they came from.

"Here!" A guard called out and three of them appeared in front of the alley. Hikari looked back at the wall, looming over them.

"Push me up again," Hikari said, "We'll climb over this time."

The girl quickly helped, and there Hikari went, climbing over the wall with two bags.

Two? Yes, Hikari had stolen the boy's bag, taking it with him as he left the two siblings to deal with the guards on their own.

As he ran, Hikari could almost cheer.

This was one job succeeded!
He had saved his home!