Chapter 1

I was a girl of 16 years. I lived in Texas with my family. Not a huge one I had like before but four of us stayed somehow happily. My dad,mom, John(my little brother) and I. Though we belonged from a poor family but we always use to manage to stay happy. My father loved me and my brother a lot he could not see us in agony. He worked as waiter in a restaurant and hardly earned 20$ with which he used to run our family. And my mother was a housewife. I could not complete my education due to financial distress. It was my all time dream and aim to pursue as an eminent detective. And where money plays a key role and become a obstacle we cannot do anything. My father everytime regretted because of that. We lived in a small cottage type house in rent. My father had to pay the bill for that house to our landlady. She was impertinent and disliked us a lot. She had a crooked nose with mole on her face made it look so ugly. There was no other option for us so that we can move  to  other places. Landlady  used to give us threat to leave that house and look for any other. We had  very hard times then. When i was around seven years old  we stayed in a joint family back then we were not at all poor. But unfortunately we lost all our family member due to a devastating earthquake. And only we four had survived that. Nothing but it was our fate. It was a leisure time for me and my little brother so we played and enjoyed as much as we could. Sometimes there were some conflict between my parents and sometimes we sit together and enjoy these was how our lives went.