3. Different from others

Lilly's POV

Bangalore is a nice city. Whenever I'm going somewhere, I feel suffocated. But in Bangalore I feel like home. For me, home isn't a place. Sometimes it's a feeling or sometimes it's a person. I think that the world is standing with the support of four pillars. That are trust, hunger, understanding and lastly love. These are the main ingredients of living. If there is a lack of something, then the relationship among each other will break. I'm not a psychology student but as I said before I love romanticising my life. So, in this way I keep myself happy.

After reaching my aunt's house, I saw that a man, probably my father's best friend, was coming to us with a grin on his face. And hugged my father, indeed he is his best friend. I feel so good to see them together. My baba always told us about him. Then we went to the living hall. Aunty gave us some drinks. And then I saw a woman around my mother's age. I went to touch her feet but before I could she stopped me and said, “Girls are Laxmi of the house. They didn't touch feet”. And then hugged me, also I reciprocated the hug. After that she introduced herself, “You are Lilly, right? I'm Sanjana, wife of your Aman uncle. Keshu di told me about yourself. You are pursuing Law, right?”. “Yes aunty, I'm Lilly. Yeah! I am pursuing Law from Justice College. And nice to meet you aunty. You are so sweet.”, I replied. She said, “ Same to you darling. And you are sweet too”.  Really, Sanjana aunty is so sweet.

After Some time we (me, Kuhu and Mansi di) went to our room to freshen up. After that I got a call from Paro. And I went to the balcony to receive the call. On call, she asked me about my flight and also told me to take care of myself. And lastly she called me clumsy as well as a child. How can she?(fake sniff). I know sometimes I act like a child but does that mean that I'm a child. It's not fair. But I know that she is worried about me, that's why she always told me to take care of myself.

Around 3:30pm, we went downstairs for a late lunch. Because of the flight and then the family gathering we are late for lunch. At the dining table, Keshu aunty and Snajana aunty served us the food. And the food was delicious. I said, “Aunty!! The food is so delicious”.  Keshu aunty said, “Thank you beta. But today your Sanjana aunty cooked the food.” “Really!!! The food is so good. Sanjana di you didn't tell me that you cook so well?”, maa said. “There is nothing like that. I love cooking, you can say it's my passion. But  you are also an amazing cook”, Sanjana aunty said. Baba replied, “Indeed she is a good cook. But you are also a good cook. Right, Lav”. Baba calls maa ‘Lav’. ‘Lav’ is the short form of Lavanya. It sounds like ‘Love’ but it's ‘Lav’. This is amazing, isn't it? “Yeah! It's true”, maa replied. With some chit chatting we finished our lunch, and went to our rooms for some rest. Because in the evening we (me, Kuhu, Mansi di, Rishi bhaiya and Avyansh) all are going shopping, Keshu aunty and baba suggested that.

At 6:30pm we all get ready. In the room, Mansi di and I are talking about some random topic.

Mansi di: The wedding is gonna be real fun. I'm so excited. I can't believe my bhaiya is getting married.

Lilly: It's true that the wedding is gonna be fun. By the way, how is our bhabhi (sister-in-law)? Is she like us, I mean like jolly or bubbly?

Mansi di: Yeah!! She is just like us. She is friendly. Once you are introduced to her, she will be your friend within a few minutes.

Lilly: I think one new member will join our group. It's cool.

Mansi di: Yeah!!! Bhabhi is so sweet just like her name ‘Kriti’.

Lilly:  Okay. So tell me one thing, is this a love marriage or arranged marriage?

Mansi di: Long story short, bhabhi's father is papa's colleague and also good friend. So, they wanted to develop the friendship into a family relationship. And after they (bhaiya & bhabhi) both met with each other, they also want to keep their father's wish.