Chapter 7: Like Newlyweds

For the past few hours, things were getting heated as Concussion's defeat was wildfire amongst the gangs from neighboring schools, and rumors began to spread already on who defeated Concussion and what would happen to the gang, but little did they know, they were gone ever since that mysterious gang cleaned everything up.

In the hospital, with Crystal getting discharged and the rest of the gang, they headed their merryway, and all of them became friends. With Erwin walking Crystal home, they began to discuss on random topics they had in mind and as time goes by, they reached Crystal's destination. Her hands trembled vigorously after what happened at the school's gate. Erwin slowly held Crystal's hand softly as she looked at him—the eyes of a person who would protect her no matter what.

They stepped right on the doorstep and knocked as the father yanked the door, and the first thing he saw was hands interlocked.

Without hesitation, he began to speak ill of his own daughter. "So you had fun with her body after school?!"

"Sir, with all due respect, that is not how to treat her, fucker," Erwin replied with a calm yet scary tone.

A string was cut, making Crystal's dad more pissed than the last time they talked with each other. With the most disgusting and spiteful words that he could think of ringing in Crystal's head, she began to cry. Erwin, who was composed, decided to punch Crystal's dad, sent flying inside the house, and hit his head near the stair's railway.

"You'll regret saying those words. I will make your life miserable, and for the time being, Crystal, pack your things; you're going to live with me and teach your father a lesson."

Crystal didn't hesitate to go to her room and pack up her belongings, and downstairs, Erwin grabbed his phone and made a call, "This is Erwin; remember that promise? Oh, well, this is unexpected; thank you, and you may do it now." He hung up the phone after saying what was needed.

"Who did you just call?!" With pain still stinging, he has the will to talk loudly.

"Sooner or later, you'll face the wrath for messing with me and my friend." He pointed at the stairs as Crystal headed down with a bag.

"Crystal! Are you-" Cutting him off with a loud slap, she finally stood up against herself. "Stop talking! You treat me so badly, and I hate it! Even my mother was unable to assist me because of abuse! I really hate you!" she yelled as Erwin trailed behind.

"Abuse, huh? I guess that promise was worth using on you."

"What do you mean!?" Stopping in the midst of his track and looking behind, Erwin didn't reply and headed to the door, closing it without a word.

He saw Crystal to his left, crying while sitting. He went to her and helped her get up as he hugged her. "It's okay. Trust me, he will taste his own medicine."

[Warning: Emotional State has risen. Bipolar Disorder Level 1 becomes Bipolar Disorder Level 2.]

"I'm sorry, Erwin! I was shameless. I'm so sorry!"

She kept on crying and Erwin had to comfort her. "You weren't shameless. I was shameless for stepping in."

"But... but!" He hushed Crystal with him stroking her hair. "It's okay, Crystal; it's okay."

He let her cry on his shoulder, fully knowing her disorder had gone up a stage, which made Erwin ponder. "How did she reach Stage 2? She took some medications on the way, but how?"

After some time, Crystal felt sleepy after she was finished crying. Erwin grabbed her bag, put it on his back, and carried Crystal to his house.

It was at that moment that the two lived together until the situation was dealt with, but simultaneously, half of the guys were chilling at a park after getting discharged until Marvin told Alexander the news about the fight and the death of Wade. Jay, who was beside Alexander, was shocked since he thought he stopped Erwin at the right time, but it was already too late to begin with as Alexander patted him on the back, saying that it wasn't his fault.