The cat and the bird

Another drawing brought to us by bakachwaan, bringing another hilarious story to life to it with a main character that I've not yet written before..... THE MOST PERFECT KITTY IN THE WORLD.... KOTATSUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Thank for participating yet another time! Giving me and many others joy to see more art about their favourite characters!

The story ends in Kotatsu's POV if anyone is unsure.

It is a well-known fact that birds and cats do not get along. This alone should have been an indicator of how the introduction between Marco and Kotatsu would go... yet it seemed that this important information was forgotten by Ace.But since Marco got into a relationship with Ace, he was determined to become best friends with his lover's loyal companion!

Marco will admit that they had started off on the wrong foot... talon? Paw?.... Anyway! His first meeting with Ace's loyal companion hadn't gone well. It's not his fault... it was Phoenix's and Ace's.

Because first of all, who in their right mind would shove a cat, a lynx, into someone's face without warning. And second of all, who did that when this someone has a bird living inside of them when it's a known fact that bird and cats don't get along.

Flashback

With Ace officially joining, the Moby 2 was sailing over to join up with them and the Spades were coming over to the main ship to reunite with their old captain.

When they approached, as the first commander, Marco was there when the boarding planks were connected. Not only to welcome everyone back, but to ensure it all went well.

He had smiled just a bit when the small crew came aboard and all the Spades hugged it out with Ace. This was the most affectionate they had seen the feral teen and it was nice to see Ace's crew had a lot of variety in member.

Of course introduction soon came and Marco amused them even if he already knew a few by name already since he had been tasked to follow up on the crew by his Pops.

What he didn't know, or he did at the back of his mind, was that the Spades had a pet. It was logical he wouldn't know a lot, pets weren't really featured in the newspaper. The only pets ever mentioned were those that were vicious killers and even then, they were almost always just mentioned with the captain of the ship or a specific crewmember. If he really put some thought into it, he could re-call only one pet that had a real bounty and moniker and it was some kind of racoon thing.

So... he was not prepared when Ace suddenly reached into the mass of Spade pirates and pulled out a lynx. A fucking lynx! No small cute kitty or a little doggy. NO! A huge ass giant predator. For some reason wearing pants, but okay.

Said predator was held up by its armpits and cuddled like he was a baby before he was pushed into his face.

"Marco! Meet Kotatsu!!!"

He actually had barely seen the thing pushed into his face with how quick it went and at first thought he may have been a mink. Some always looked more animal than others and going by the size of it...

That was until he pushed it away to properly say hi and shake hands. What greeted him was the most unimpressed looking cat ever, staring into his very soul.

"Say hi Kotatsu!"

Meow

And that was the cue for all hell to break lose. He felt Phoenix push to the front if his mind and take over. The next minutes were a mess of Phoenix and Kotatsu fighting it out on deck.