Chapter Thirty Two. [S2]

~~~~

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido, yeah
Hey
Yeah

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group it's always been
And always will until the end

~~~~

Rory~

Rory~

WHEN the morning sun broke my sweet and deep slumber, I was yet again pushed into a reverie. I thought I had dreamt up the entire thing, thinking that John B and Sarah weren't here with us, but when I heard their murmured chatting and laughter, I knew I was wrong. 

They were actually here. They were back. 

I had woken up in JJ's arms, having slept quite comfortably.

As the morning arrived, we had reached the outskirts of Kildare Island. Hunger made me go crazy. We haven't eaten anything for almost two days, now, since we left the Island in Pope's dad's truck to go to Charleston for the meeting with Carla Limbrey. 

"Anyone else starving? We need to grab some sort of breakfast," JJ said, as he tied the knot on the hooks of the dock to keep the boat from drifting away on the waves. 

"Oh, I'm dying of hunger," I groaned, sitting beside John B, with my head resting on his shoulder. He chuckled. "What?" I narrowed my eyes up at him.

"You always eat way more than any of us, and yet you never get fat," He commented, his tone wondering and playful. 

My eyes bulged out at his words. "Yes, but only because I got our mom's genes and you didn't because everytime you eat, you just turn into more of a giant oaf than you already are!" I bit back, rolling my eyes at him.

"Oops," Pope laughed out at my comment. 

"Glad to see you haven't changed a bit while I was gone, Coco," He gave me a curt nod, with his lips pressed into a thin line at my counter comment. I smiled at him gracefully, shrugging, before kissing his cheek to make up for the small bicker. 

"We'll go and find something to eat," Kie said, as Sarah stood up to follow after her. Kie jumps up to the dock, JJ helps Sarah get on the dock as she struggles with the pain of her bullet wound. 

"Wait up--I'll join too!" I skipped over to the edge of the boat, quickly. 

"M'lady," JJ grinned at me, as he held his hand out for me to take. I felt butterflies flutter in my tummy. I put my left hand in his, and saw the glinting sparkle of the silver ring he'd given me last night shine because of the morning sunlight.