Uninterested

——————————————
"Well how boring.."
—————————————

The first thing I noticed was how bright it was. Sure there was some sun in the other universe but the trees and clouds helped lower the brightness. I lift my hand to my forehead for some shade before remembering I still had strings attached to my fingertips. If only I had some scissors to take them off.

Anyway, the environment surrounding me consisted of a clear, sunny sky and grassy fields. Some which appear to be a part of a farm; I can tell from the distant house and barn along with some animal pens. I am currently standing on a dirt pathway next to white fences that surround the premises of said farm. There was a couple trees that bore some sort of produce.

As I walked along the pathway, the smell that grew stronger as I neared the animal pens was enough to make me want to eradicate this universe... if I knew how to. All I know is that all beings inside the AU must be killed along with the human's soul being taken (or crushed?) to prevent from a RESET. Then.. I suppose the AU simply collapses into the void?

I would enjoy testing that out but I'm still not quite mastered in my attacks nor way of getting around. Instincts won't help me all the time. What if there comes to be a time where I can't instinctually decimate some random Sans? It wouldn't be very enjoyable. I haven't even gotten too far in making portals. I managed one portal which is wonderful but it was one time. I need to be confident and comfortable in making them.

I let out a breath as I steered off path to get away from the farm. It also didn't help how I could see a town in the distance. If I were to continue walking down that path, I would find myself in a town that the Sans of this AU could possibly be wandering around in.

I walked to a hill a decent distance away from everything and sat down, being mindful of not sitting on any of the flowers growing atop it. I sat crisscross, slightly slumped as I propped up an elbow on my knee and rested my head on top of my hand. To be honest, I never was into a farm life or anything such as that. Some might think better of it for some sort of aesthetic purpose or because they enjoy working with plants and animals, but I never liked the labor it came with. Nor smells..

Perhaps that's one way to say I grew up in a city and lived in a house where hard work wasn't required. I did have some pets, though I never felt too attached to them. I found it too much to care for them or I'd forget to. I would simply bury them in the backyard if they died. Is it messed up? I never thought hard on it.

I picked up a nearby flower with my free hand, a white one, with some blue strings. The strings wrapped around the base of the head of the flower and the bottom of the stem. I brought the flower to be in front of my face.

Though what is making me think so much is this new life. My old one is uninteresting. This one is.. certainly unique.

It makes me feel as if I can do anything I want. Previously founded boredom in my past life has mostly been washed away with new opportunities, new ideas. This identity may be stolen by me, but wasn't it Error's purpose?

He wanted to change it.

..Krr!.. The head of the flower was ripped off.

I want to embrace it.

I drop the decapitated flower back onto the ground.
"..."

"Well how boring..." I mumble to myself. All that time spent monologuing yet nothing interesting has happened. I suppose I should stand up and walk around again, a different direction on the path from earlier might bring more interesting results.
-
-
-
I had come across some bushes that happened to have berries on them. They looked like blueberries.
"OH HELLO THERE. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU AROUND HERE BEFORE."

I turn to look at the one who spoke. It was this universe's Papyrus. I suppose he doesn't know about anything outside of this universe? If he did then the first thing he would know is about Error and Nightmare's whole group. I would've replied but he kept talking.

"YOU SEEM INTERESTED IN THOSE BERRIES, WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY THEM OUT? I SO HAPPEN TO BE ALREADY PICKING THEM." The Papyrus gestured towards his basket that had plucked blueberries inside. "THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT FOR ME TO WASH THEM."

I slightly nodded in response.
-
-
-
Just how did one nod get me here? I didn't even say anything about wanting the blueberries right now. I didn't speak in general. Yet this Papyrus felt the need to bring me to his and San's house. Fortunately the latter wasn't home at the moment.

I watched as the Papyrus washed the blueberries, although halfway my eyes wandered around the kitchen. They managed to spot.. scissors! I pick up the pair of scissors and began cutting the blue strings off from my fingers before cutting them off near my eyesockets, throwing away the excess string in a nearby trash can. I managed to finish right as Papyrus turned around.

"HERE! NOW YOU CAN TRY." Papyrus held out a handful of blueberries and dropped them into my hands once I held them out.
I thanked him before eating the blueberries. 'I'll repay you by putting your universe at the bottom of my list along with the original Underswap.' I smiled at him, he smiled back, unaware that he delayed the AU's destruction just now...

"WOULD YOU—"

"Paps! Why is he here?" A voice piped up from behind me. I turn around and step back, popping another blueberry into my mouth as I watched the interaction.
"OH SANS, I DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO BE BACK SO SOON. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT THIS SKELETON?" Papyrus asked, a confused expression on his face.

"I-" a sigh "Error is dangerous, Paps. You need to get behind me." The Sans explained as he stepped in between Papyrus and I.
I do suppose he has a point. Error's reputation isn't exactly the best from destroying universes and dusting many monsters.

"BUT SANS! HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING BAD. HE WAS LOOKING AT THE BERRY BUSHES SO I DECIDED TO WASH SOME BLUEBERRIES FOR HIM TO EAT. HE EVEN THANKED ME!" There were frantic gestures at the multicolored skeleton who was slowly eating his blueberries one at a time.

I'm not sure if that really clears my name in this Sans' eyesockets.. I thought as I looked over at Sans. He definitely looked worried but had a healthy dose of fighting spirit and protectiveness. I can't just dust him.. I'm saving this AU for later after all. If I dust him here, then I may as well dust everyone else.

"THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME ANYWAYS. LIKE THAT FRIEND OF YOURS WITH THE HO—"
Sans spluttered "That! Is different. His situation is different."
"WHAT IS ALSO DIFFERENT IS HOW FRIENDLY YOU ARE WITHHIMOHWAITAREYOULEAVINGALREADY?" Papyrus quickly turned to look at me. I was busy attempting to open a portal before they noticed me...
Attempting is the keyword. I should've taken the chances before this to practice, yet I didn't. I could also do it after this encounter but I can't handle the two brother's conversation. Obviously they're talking about a crush.. I don't find it quite entertaining..

"Unfortunately I am. We'll certainly meet another time." 'Oh we certainly will. When I destroy this universe. Unless I feel like visiting for more free blueberries.'
"Yeah.. bye.." Sans was still suspicious of me. It doesn't bother me, I'm leaving anyway.

I manage to open a somewhat stable portal afterwards, stepping through it.
Or well while it appeared that I stepped through, it felt more like falling down a spiral staircase. I really need to work on creating better quality portals. This one was worse than the previous ones.

Pushing the thought aside, I noticed a much more different environment surrounding me.

One that I can tell will not bring good times.