Glorified Tourists

Start from the beginning

"Promise." Alexis responded, wrapping her pinky around his as they both stamped their thumbs together.

———🏎️———

Before Lando went to his hotel later that night, he'd organised to meet Alexis at 10am the following day to explore Melbourne. She wasn't quite sure where to take him or what they were going to do just yet; she figured it would come to her as they roamed the streets.

Erin went home too in order to prepare for her week, and Isabelle was already in bed asleep as she had to get up early for work, which left Alexis to her own devices for the first time since she landed back home. Although she thought she should be productive and plan her day tomorrow, or even treat herself to a bath and a nice face mask, all she wanted to do was sleep.

After having the quickest shower of her life she was cosied up in bed, and upon reflection, Alexis was only just realising what a day she'd had. She'd quite literally experienced all emotions on the spectrum in one day, so no wonder why she'd felt so exhausted. It wasn't long before she could no longer keep her eyes open, gladly letting sleep overtake her.

Waking up the following day, Alexis found a plethora of texts from Lando.

Lan
can we meet earlier? x
Lan
I've been awake for
hours
Lan
jet lag tings

Al
Of course!
Al
Did you wanna do
8:30am instead?

Lan
works for me

Al
Great x

Lan
can we go to the
NGV?

Al
I'm surprised you
know what the
National Gallery of
Victoria is

Lan
I've been looking up
things for us to do
Lan
I wanted to find
something that I hadn't
done in Melbourne before

Al
Yeah we can go there
Al
Anything else you wanna
do?

Lan
maybe hosier lane? I've
always loved the street
art there

Al
Perfect
Al
I'll see you soon!

———🏎️———

Alexis went downstairs to the ground floor of Isabelle's apartment building at exactly 8:30am, and Lando was already waiting for her. He was leaning against the building, one leg bent up with his foot on the wall. He was typing furiously on his phone, but when he heard her footsteps he looked up and immediately put his phone in his pocket.

"Hi." He grinned, opening his arms for her.

"Hey." Alexis couldn't help but smile too, letting Lando wrap his around her shoulders as hers settled around his waist. He rested his chin on top of her head for a moment, before he kissed her forehead and they pulled apart.

They headed towards the NGV first, which Lando was most excited for because he'd never been before. He had visited Melbourne plenty of times with the Grand Prix's here every year since he'd joined F1, but he was excited to see the city through the eyes of a local.

The pair caught a tram from Isabelle's apartment and got off at the stop that would take them closest to the gallery. As they walked from the tram stop to their destination, Alexis was surprised that Lando hadn't been recognised by anyone in public yet. The thought was like constant background noise in her mind; she was well aware she was out in the city with a very famous F1 driver on the week of the Grand Prix, and there were racing supporters everywhere. For her, it was definitely a case of when not if he would be stopped by a fan, and Alexis was secretly terrified of that moment. Because that meant that what ever had been going on between her and Lando - which had previously only occurred behind closed doors, was going to be thrusted into the limelight.