8 || A thin line

I turn on the tap and close my eyes

I try and focus before extending my hands out. I wait for a beat but the steady stream of water indicates what I'm attempting isn't working. I peak one of my eyes open and the water is running like normal.

After the incident with the cup of water, I've done a series of different tests to try and determine if I do in fact have water powers and if there's any chance I could be Aquamarine. I've failed every test (which is something I don't do very often) but there's still a part of me that believes what I saw earlier.

The water literally floated in front of my eyes.

But did it?

Can you hallucinate water floating?

Damn, I'm thinking too much into this.

Maybe water powers are something I just need to let happen.

But I really need to know now.

Ugh this is exhausting.

What the fuck is going on?

I get another cup and try to recreate my cup falling off the top but it's hard to recreate something that was accidental. Maybe me not knowing was the whole reason it happened.

I try and recreate it 3 times before the puddle on the floor deters me from doing it again.

This is so frustrating because now I don't know if I was seeing things.

It doesn't help that Nikolai has been avoiding me since he left yesterday so instead of being a distraction, I have yet another thing on my mind.

Am I meant to approach him I'm first or should I just leave him be?

Is he doing it deliberately?

Why haven't I seen him since yesterday morning?

Damn overthinking.

I'm dreading what might happen when we talk but I'd rather get it over and done with that way everything is out in the open and there's no miscommunication.

I open my arms and deliberately fall backwards onto the bed. A strange sense of deja vu washes over me as my back hits the mattress.

I sometimes dive backwards onto the bed when I'm stressed and yet I didn't remember that until this very moment.

I try and recall doing it before but my mind comes up blank. I just have a strange feeling that I'm missing something.

The feeling first started yesterday after I was sure I saw floating water.

I think I'm starting to go crazy, I really need a distraction.

I peak my head out of the door and when I conclude that the coast is clear, I leave the room. It's not that I'm not allowed out of my room, there's just some people I'd rather not run into (namely most of them).