5 || All signs point to you

"Where are we going?" I ask as I follow closely behind Nikolai

"Where are we going?" I ask as I follow closely behind Nikolai. I really don't want to meet anyone else like that Selene woman, she was horrible.

"We're going to see Hael." He says, giving me barely any information.

"Who's Hael?" I ask.

"The boss." He answers, getting straight to the point yet again.

My steps falter, my heart rate quickening. "Why are we meeting with the boss?" I ask casually as though I don't feel a sudden surge of anxiety.

"He wants to see you." Why does the head of the looney department want to see me?

"Why?" I ask.

"He wants to know if you're Aquamarine."

"Not this again." I mumble.

When we get to a certain door Niko opens it and walks inside. I hesitate for a second before following after him.

The room is dark, gloomy and gives me all around bad vibes.

"Mailiah." The man sat at the other side of the desk greets. "Take a seat."

My eyes absentmindedly flick to Niko before I do as he says and sit opposite him.

Niko and the only other person in the room, a girl that seems oddly familiar, stand behind me.

"I'm Hael." The man with dreadlocks, sitting in front of me says, holding out his hand for me to take. I hesitate a second before realising I don't want to get on his bad side. My handshake doesn't come with with introduction, I don't need to introduce myself, he already knows my name.

"That's Morana." He says, nodding behind me. I turn to look at the girl and then I realise where I've seen her before. She's the girl that came rushing into my apartment behind Niko. She must've used her powers to knock me unconscious. She doesn't give me a comforting smile, she doesn't wave or anything she just stands there statically.

I turn back around in my chair, now facing Hael again.

"I'm not Aquamarine." I state. This isn't the first time I've said it and I'm sure it won't be the last.

"All signs point to you." Hael states.

"What signs?" I question. "Multiple people can look similar it's not-"

"You're around the right age, the right height. You have the same colour hair, same eyes. You act in a ditzy way."

"I'm not ditzy." I say, offended. I may be a little too trusting and far too empathetic for my own good but I'm smart, I'm emotionally intelligent and I know how my actions affect other people. I'm a pathological people pleaser but I'm working on it. If there's one thing I'm not it's ditzy. I choose to see the good in people and I choose to see the good in the world. It doesn't mean I can't also see the bad it just means I can sympathise and be more understanding. That doesn't make me stupid, it means I care. "I have an IQ of 127." I cross my arms over my chest defensively.