the tortured poets department.

Kennedy Johnson's life used to be so simple

         Kennedy Johnson's life used to be so simple. Good family, perfect husband, perfect life.

        Until a little something called "harsh reality" hit her in the face at 100mph.

        And it was harsher than what she deserved.

        She didn't want to do this.
        But she was given no choice but to do so.

       After what happened to Sam, nothing was ever the same.
They'd been in the military with one another and after Sam had sent her to help another colleague of theirs, he'd run back out there and was blown to smithereens. Right in front of Kennedy.

       It was a tragic loss.
Everyone looked up to Sam at the camp. He was the leader, it made Kennedy their unofficial First Lady.

       It didn't help with what happened next.

       That's something Kennedy didn't want to get into.

       But all that mattered was that she was on a mission. She didn't want to do in this way. But it was what had to be done.

        The mission was plain and simple. Carry out a counterintelligence mission looking for Chinese spies, working to find a leak in the Department of Justice. And to never let anyone at the BAU figure her out.

        All of this was to just keep her family safe.

        It wasn't meant to happen like this.

       And she certainly didn't expect to fall in love amidst the chaos.