Chapter Eleven : Knockout

Start from the beginning

He looked so small next to Minho, so fragile. Like a flower petal that needed protecting every second of its existence. Minho felt his heart constrict seeing how delicate Jisung looked and wanted to protect him from everything, protect him from his world, protect him from the harsh reality of the world. Minho didn’t know what it was about Jisung but he was starting to like him more and more. And he wanted to be around Jisung a lot. To see him happy. To protect him.

From everyone who would threaten his precious smile. Minho could do that.
When they arrived at Jisung’s place, Minho hopped out of the car and walked over to the passenger side to help Jisung out of the car. He helped him stand and supported his weight. “You can lean on me,” he whispered softly and Jisung smiled brightly and nodded, putting his arms around Minho’s neck, resting his cheek on Minho’s shoulder as they headed inside.

The next morning Hyunjin woke up with his head throbbing in pain. It didn’t surprise him, though; he drank way too many cans last night.

Still, he groaned, shifting his position in his bed and looking at his phone. He blinked when he saw it was 10am and he cursed. “Aish, I woke up late again.” He sat up and threw off the comforter from around him. The room spun a little but he shook it off and got out of bed. He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up a bit. A shower would fix everything, right? He’d be able to focus properly. With that thought in mind, he rushed to the bathroom, turning the shower on and letting it heat up. Once he stepped inside, he closed the door and turned on the knob. After a few seconds of waiting for the temperature to rise to his liking, he started undressing, dropping his pants and boxers on the floor along the way. He climbed into the shower and relaxed while the warm water hit him, relaxing the muscles and loosening his tensed up muscles. He washed his hair quickly, hoping the hot water would wash away the sleep and headache. By the time he stepped out, the heat had reached the optimal temperature and steam filled the bathroom. Hyunjin wrapped a towel around himself and opened the door.

He then rushed towards his dresser to change into clean clothes. He put on some loose fitting jeans and his usual oversized hoodie. When he got back into the bathroom, he decided to blow dry his hair for a couple minutes, enjoying the feeling of his fingers combing through his hair. He also brushed his teeth a bit and washed his face with fresh water. Afterwards he went downstairs to make breakfast but then stopped when he remembered that he forgot to buy some groceries before going out yesterday. A deep sigh escaped his lips, leaving his lips slightly parted.

He knew he shouldn't have had too much alcohol last night, but it was really hard to stop, especially when he was that heartbroken.
“You suck, Hyune. You suck.” He muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes as he headed out towards the living room and the front door of the apartment. He need to buy groceries today, no matter what.

As soon as he’d stepped foot outside his apartment, the sunshine blinded him momentarily. His skin felt itchy against the sudden brightness and he shielded his eyes, squinting and blinking rapidly as if trying to erase the image of the sun hitting his retinas. When he lowered his arms, he went straight to where his car was parked. He unlocked it and slid into the drivers seat. He drove off towards the mart and sped through the traffic. When he finally got there and had parked the car, he grabbed his keys and got out of the car. He locked the doors, walked around the front of the mart and headed inside.

It has been 30 minutes now since Hyunjin were walking around inside the supermarket picking up items he had forgotten to buy yesterday when he suddenly stopped in front of someone and gasped as he recognised him. “Yeonjun?” he asked surprised. The older was wearing glasses and looking rather tired, probably having just woken up. He looked up at Hyunjin with widened eyes before smiling faintly.