Prologue

A thousand years ago, my father, Albert Waldstein was defeated and killed by the One-Eyed Black Dragon in front of me and my mother's eyes. I will never forget that fateful day, but also I will never forget the creature I saw that day. It was larger than any creature I had ever heard or read about before, its height was that of a giant, but with the appearance of a monster. It was covered in white thick scales, with whitish-pink dorsal plates along its back to the end of its tail that glowed with red intensity, and blazing red eyes.

And its roar...

It looked so powerful, and it was

It looked so powerful, and it was. I watched as that beast fought against the Black Dragon, no, a battle couldn't compare to that one-sided massacre. That giant toyed with the dragon as if it were an insignificant pest, and when it was finally done with the calamity, it opened the Black Dragon's jaws and blasted some type of crimson energy down the dragon's gullet separating the calamity's head from its body.

 That giant toyed with the dragon as if it were an insignificant pest, and when it was finally done with the calamity, it opened the Black Dragon's jaws and blasted some type of crimson energy down the dragon's gullet separating the calamity's hea...

The great calamity, the feared One-Eyed Black Dragon exploded into dust and ash as the Monstrous Titan raised its head and roared toward the sky in victory. This was a thousand years ago, and the last thing me and my mother saw before being sent to the future. Since that day, there have only been four sightings of the monster. Twice in front of the Zeus and Hera Familia as they challenged the remaining two Great Quests and fought alongside them, another during the attack on the Elven forest from Rakia, where it protected said forest and annihilated Ares' army, and lastly it helped my teacher Riveria when she was running away from the Elven Kingdom.

Overall, the creature is, in reality, neutral and only assisted because it wants to, or to secure nature and equilibrium.

The Black Dragon and the other Great Quests were Calamities, they sought chaos and destruction and used their destructive power to purge and burn the lands, life's lost, and nature turned to wastelands. This posed an imbalance, and he used his power to correct it.

The Elven Forest was a no-brainer, those forests are sacred not only because of Elven History but also because of their magical resources, and concentration of magic energy.

Lastly, why did it help Riveria in her time of need? It didn't have to, but it did. Did the creature understand Riveria's desire to be free, to become her own person or was it something else? I wonder, why a powerful creature like him would selflessly help a person.