Chapter 7

Odette's pov: The life changing decision.

Weeks and later on months went by without seeing or hearing anything out of the ordinary, in or around our small village and eventually everything returned back to normal for me. The only thing that is different, is my thoughts in my head and the beautiful snowflake necklace.

I secretly wear it around my neck, covered with loose hanging strands of hair and the material of my outfits every day. It daily reminds me of its former owner, the mysterious and handsome man, Alex.

Who left it behind as a very precious gift, for what purpose, I do not know. I only did, what anyone else in my position would have done.

One morning I overheard my parents having a conversation about a ball.

Held every five hundred years, to celebrate the continuing peace period within the three realms. Mom and dad also mentioned that the ball is always held in the vampire kingdom, at the Emperor's castle.

In all the realms, the royal families and council members with their loved ones from every household, gets invited to this big event, that will take place within the next month.

Sofia: "Honey, I have been thinking a lot lately, about Odette and the fact that she is now the right age, to be finding her immortal mate."

Charlie: "Mmm, yes it seems that you are right my dear. Our beloved daughter has reached the age of finding her second half."

Sofia: "I believe they would have already found each other, if he lived here, in the same community as her."

Charlie: "Yes, that is true my dear. We are all like family here and they would have found each other a long time ago already."

Sofia: "I think the best way to find her second half, is to attend the ball. Where she would have the best chance of finding him."

I wonder, why they never told me about this ball?! Before my dad could give his answer, I turned around and silently made my way back up the stairs to my room.

After a while of sitting on my bed and thoroughly thinking everything through, I finally understand the conversation that mom and dad had earlier today.

Maybe in the beginning, they didn't feel it was necessary to tell me about the ball, because they probably assumed, I would also find my immortal mate, here in our own community.

They themselves were born here and grew up together, in the same village. They found each other as immortal mates, when they were still very young.

After my dad was appointed council member, they decided to settle down in a cottage of their own.

They have never travelled outside of the fairy kingdom. The furthest my dad has ever travelled was when he went to the castle were the royal fae family reside. They watch over our village and protect us from any harm that may come from outside our borders, beyond the forest and mountains.

The next morning mom and dad wanted to discuss something important with me, before we left the house.

Luckily, I already had an idea of what to expect and was ready for the news they wanted to share with me.

Sofia: "Good morning my darling. Your dad and I decided to take you to a very special event, which we ourselves have never experienced before."

Sofia; "We are going to attend a spectacular ball in the vampire realm, held by the Emperor himself."

Sofia: "There will be lavish feasts and dancing in a ballroom with beautiful music."

Sofia: "Everyone will wear the most beautiful gowns and other attire for the ball. It's all the things we have read about in books and imagined in our dreams."

After mom finished speaking, my dad cleared his throat and took my mom's hand in his, before looking at me with a soft glint in his eyes.

Charlie: "There will be hundreds of guests that will attend, within all three realms."

Charlie: "Your mom and I hope it can be an adventure for us as a family and to get the opportunity to meet other creatures and explore new places."

Charlie: "The other council members with their households, will also be there with us. We will not be alone, we will have our friends and family members, together with us."

Slowly a smile spread across my face and I started to jump up and down, I couldn't keep my excitement hidden anymore.

Odette: "Yes!! Finally, we can go on an adventure together. Thank you so much mom and dad, for this wonderful opportunity."

I then walked up to my parents and hugged them both very tightly.

Weeks passed by in a flash. The whole village came to life with fairies hard at work with designing and creating beautiful gowns and other attire for the ball and the day after.

Dad said, after the ball, we would spend the night in guest rooms at the Emperor's castle. After resting for a while in the castle, we will resume our journey back home, during the next day. We are also making sure everyone not attending the festivities, will be organized and ready for the extra responsibilities, the two days we will be gone!

When we were busy creating our gowns for the ball, I subconsciously took the necklace in my hand and started to trace every inch of it with my fingertips. While I was thinking about Alex, wondering and hoping if he might also be there at the ball....

The day of our exciting journey has finally arrived!

I'm a bit nervous, because this is the first time I will be away from my home, but luckily, I will not go on this journey alone, my parents and some of our friends will be accompanying us.

As I glance in the mirror at my reflection, I'm astonished at the unrecognizable being staring back at me, in the most amazing dress I could ever have dreamed of. I made my dress out of the finest and smoothest materials nature has provided me. The colour of the dress is the same baby blue shades of colour as my eyes.

Day or night, my golden locks and silver locks of hair hanging softly down my back, complements the blue in my eyes and gown beautifully

Day or night, my golden locks and silver locks of hair hanging softly down my back, complements the blue in my eyes and gown beautifully. Now I am ready to go on my big adventure and finally experience a ball for the first time in my life.