Chapter 4

Odette's pov: The surprise left behind....

When I got home, my dad was already waiting for me at the door entrance with a very worried expression on his face. I gave Alex my word, that I wouldn't tell anyone about him, so for the first time in my life, I have to make up a story about what happened in the forest this afternoon.

Charlie: "Odette, finally you are home! We were so worried about you. When the group of girls came back, they immediately ran up to us and told us you went back down to the lakefront. Apparently, you just told them to rush back home and then disappeared without any further explanation."

Odette: "I apologize for making you and mama worry about me. I didn't mean for it to happen that way papa."

Odette: "I heard some strange noises coming from the trees near the lake and decided to go and investigate it. It turned out to be a group of lost deer that strayed from the rest of the herd."

Odette: "One of the deer's in the group was badly injured and his antlers got stuck in low hanging branches and started to cry out in frustration."

Odette: "I helped the deer free his antlers and healed his wound, before I showed them the way back to their herd."

My dad physically started to relax a little and the expression on his face also changed back to normal.

Charlie: "My daughter the healer! Always there to help the ones in need. Isn't there something else you want to tell me darling?!"

With a small grin forming on my dad's lips, he reached out his hand and took something out of my hair.

Charlie: "Did you secretly pick and eat fruit again without bringing some home for your mom and I."

With an eyebrow playfully raised, dad lifted up the leaf in his hand, he took out of my hair.

My eyes widened a few inches, when I saw the leaf from the trees in the orchard. Then my face flushed with the feeling of guilt.

Odette: "Daddy, I...."

Charlie: "No need to look so guilty my darling. I'm just teasing you a little, for making your mom and I worry so much about you, in the time you didn't come home."

I slowly calmed down and gave my dad a small smile.

Odette: "Next time, I will definitely bring home some fruit from the orchard for you and mom."

Charlie: "That's good to hear darling! Now let's go through to the kitchen, where your mom is busy cooking dinner for us."

When we got to the kitchen, my mom lifted up her head and immediately stopped with what she was doing at that moment, before rushing over and pulling me into a very tight hug.

Sofia: "Odette?! When the other girls rushed home without you and had anxious looks on their faces, I was worried sick about you! They just told us you went back to the lakefront and nothing more..."

Odette: "I am safe and sound mom, no need to worry anymore."

In the mean-time my dad also came into the kitchen and stood right behind me.