one

it was a friday night.

technically saturday morning but that doesn't sound as cool and often people get confused as to where the setting is so we will say: "it was a friday night".

there was a party about twenty minutes away from the high school's neighborhood. niall, of course, was there.

it seemed that best party held niall. no one knew how he got to the hottest wildest parties, and when he was asked he replied with a cheeky wink, "i have my ways."

most people say niall is the most carefree person you'll ever meet. most people also say he's the life of the party. these things flatter niall but he doesn't necessarily consider them the truth. the only reason he goes to these parties is too feel alive again. some nights work, some don't.

this night was not working out so much.

people were beginning to rely on niall's charm too much. it showed as soon as he walked in the door. there was cheering and people glanced at him every few minutes to ensure they didn't miss whatever legendary thing niall always seems to do.

niall didn't come to impress, so tonight wasn't working.

teens shouted at niall to come back in the house and that he was a "legend!!" but niall laughed them off and after a quick lie that he was getting more beer, he was able to wave them off like fans and find his car.

so niall drove. and just drove. with no destination. he raked his mind with a shaky panicked hand and a calmed face for what on this earth would give him true happiness.

he couldn't think of anything.

and as he pulled into gas station, the agonizing acceptance that his life just may be hopeless,

he saw her.