20• Bejeweled

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

"The last piece I presented dropped my marks and I definitely saw it coming" Nahla Informed.

Nahla and Zaeem were at the hospital's waiting area, waiting for their own turn of consultation. And while they wait, Nahla decided to tell Zaeem all about her last project presentation.

They were to start exams the next week and so they each presented their personal projects to their lecturers for which each person got the mark he or she actually deserved

"How sure are you it's the reason you didn't get your complete marks?" Zaeem asked. "I included modesty in my project and it wasn't part of the criteria for the designs we were asked to make" Nahla explained. "Why do it then?"

"Because each time I wish to remember the project that made me a certified designer, I want it to remind me how hard it was becoming one with a veil" Nahla replied and Zaeem hummed.

It was not only a convincing reply but also an impressive one. Zaeem couldn't help but feel the amount of respect he had for Nahla double up, even some of the women at the waiting area with them would agree due to the fact that they were also listening to their conversation.

Nahla's rants was a reason he chose to build a barrier between himself and anything he was before that life.

It's true that there's wisdom in acknowledging the thoughts of our hearts everyday, but he chose not to. If ignoring those thoughts was the only thing that could get him to listen to her talk about everything and nothing, he was willing to. It was safe to say her talks were his daily dose of happiness, it brought out the best of his days as someone who knew not his identity.

And besides, it is only reasonable if he blocked those thoughts, that way he wouldn't have them haunting him. It was very much enough to see them in his sleep, he couldn't agree with seeing them even when he is wide awake.

Zaeem smiled, a smile of diffidence mixed with optimism as he cleared his mind and continued to listen to Nahla carefully.

"And I just kept on wondering why everyone was expecting me to explain myself when they clearly know it's my nature. So I remained quiet and I got the marks I deserved which I was glad about" Nahla explained further.

"I'm proud of you" Zaeem commented and Nahla smiled before replying "save that for when I ace my examination"

"Zaeem Nasir, C-room 4" The speaker phone inside the waiting area spoke calling out his name. The two of them got up and made their way to the consultation room that was mentioned. They silently said the taslim while entering the room making sure the occupant didn't hear.

"Oh wow, you're not using your crutches" The doctor commented before they settled down on the chairs that were provided. "Yes I'm not" Zaeem said making sure to give a tight lipped smile to the doctor who was more excited about his recovery.