TWO

Five sentences. Five sentences was all she needed to write and yet she struggled so much with them. Tapping with her pen against her notebook, Angela sighed and clenched her jaw. Why was it so hard?

What would you say to a person who tried their best at some task, no matter the outcome of it?

You did your best. Good job?

Knowing these sentences will have to apply to herself with the exercise Dr. Hawthorne will give her, it was even harder. How was she supposed to say good job to herself when everything she did was either bad or maybe just average at best?

Angela had a job at a supermarket,  a part time job so she could have enough money for her tiny apartment and some food. Just enought to get by. She didn't have a choice after her academy basically threw her out for not coming to classes.

They had every right to do that.

But her work exhausted her. She despised talking to the cashiers when she was at the store since it gave her so much anxiety, and now she was the cashier herself. Ironic, huh? Oh, how much she hated life. Having to greet each customer with a smile on her face, asking them how they are doing each time since her politeness was so badly engraved into her, it was hard to ignore it. Having to politely smile at the rude remarks her customers had about either being too slow, or that there are too many people for just one cash register or that they are in a hurry or even about the prices. It exhausted her. All of it. Constantly having to be polite towards people despite them giving her shit constantly.

Her schedule was all over the place. Despite it being a part time job, she worked all of the hours she could to get as much she could from a minimum paying job. She either had to get up at four in the morning and worked until two, started at two and worked until ten, or had a split shift meaning she worked a few hours in the morning and a few in the afternoon. Not one week was the same. No, not even one day was the same sometimes.

She was tired.

I don't seem to enjoy colors anymore. They are strange to me now. I used to have enough energy to go outside and take a walk, maybe watch the sunset. Now they seem useless to me, they don't have the same effect. At times when my head was full I could at least focous on the colors of the sky when the sun was going down. But now I can't do it anymore, I can't keep my mind quiet for long enough to enjoy it.

And with that she closed her notebook, writing down her stupid thoughts instead of what she should have written down. See? She was bad at everything.

Angela got up from her desk and sat down on her bed. She was off today since it was Sunday. Thank god for Sundays and closed stores, right? Otherwise she wouldn't be able to even stand up with all the hours she was working. Just as she was about to reach for her phone, it started ringing. Fuck, who now?