Ch1:Retirement

A young man walking in his blue uniform in the long hallway of the building with his every step noticed by the maids and servants that he passed by. A man shouted to him cheerfully, rushing towards him and trying to make the same waking pace as him.

"Hey, man, where are you going this early? This is not the typical thing you do," the man stated, catching his breath from the fast walk he had done just to catch him.

"Well Richard, I will meet Grand Master today for a request."

Richard's mind stopped working for a second and reconnected the lines he just heard.

* meeting grandmaster meeting grandmaster????* Words repeating on in Richard's mind

"Hey Richard are you listening hey Richard" a faint sound resonating through Richard

"Oh, sorry I might have heard it wrong"

"Oh, ok I repeat, I am going to meet the grandmaster"

"*chuckle* Meeting grandmaster, no way??"

He looks at Richard seriously, with no hint of joking.

"You seriously meeting him!!!!" Richard shouted, disturbing nearby people.

"Shhh! Yes, I be meeting him, and also remove that habit of shouting in public. It's embarrassing, you know."

Richard observed his surroundings and, no surprise, many people were looking at him. His face becomes red and makes his face go to the floor so people will not look at his face slowing down his speed of walking. He notices Richard being left behind and returns to him for a moment.

"Well, you can just hide in your dormitory for the whole. I guess also meet me in the cafe outside in the evening. My treat, of course"

Richard faces him and the moody face earlier becomes a sparkling face of motivation and happiness.

"Well, you will not take your word!" Richard exclaimed

"Yeah, so I will go now," He confirmed and continued his walk toward the grandmaster's office.

"I hope he is friendlier this time," he murmurs as now his front of the office with the nameplate Grandmaster Albert.

Albert POV

*How many days have passed 2 3 I don't know*

Albert thinks while being drowned with paperwork for the aftermath of the war.

"When will this work end?"

Even many people believe in his talent in management, strategy, and tactics. Not all know he always complains to his majesty about his workload.

I am only doing this because of the money" but still this work is too much. The casualty reports economy, battle tactics, and training new soldiers. Can this capital at least hire a new employee for each of these? I never learn to become a grandmaster to become a secretary.

[Knock knock]

"Oh, looks, that man's appointment is now, I guess" I ready my appearance and prepared for the worst.

"You can come in!" I confirmed.

The door opens as the one who opens is.

"Well Mr Armetara, what is your purpose for this appointment"

Armetara, one knight of the empire currently a member of the reconnaissance team but the best thing about that is during the war rather than the main army that led to the victory it's the reconnaissance team that led to that country's astonishing victory against the barbarians but still many not recognize his skill mostly by the nobles because of his humble background.

"Well, your Grandmaster, I am requesting to resign as the knight of the reconnaissance team"

Retiring as a knight must be a joke

"That must be a joke right that is the only thing a knight would say when they are old but you said it, is too early so I will reject this resignation letter of yours," I firmly said to his face well he may know that I hate him not because I am jealous of him but hate him because he does not recognize his power of his.

"I am not joking grandmaster, this is my decision to leave the knighthood and move to the other continent Perleraino" He said it directly to my face looking into my eyes with his eyes void of emotion the eyes I'd seen when I first met him. A person with no purpose I commented.

"Still no, give me a valid reason!!"

He moved closer to me, his mouth close to my ears, noticing his heavy soft breath and whispering the words I never thought I heard from him

*Time passes by*

"I will be now approving your resignation. You must return all the equipment and tools provided by the management. You can leave in the dormitories tomorrow," said my mind, still reconnecting with his reasoning. But more I now approved his resignation for that reason alone.

"Thank you, your Grandmaster". He bows and faces me with a face that has more life and eyes void of emotion before now, a spark of hope I wanted to see when I first met him. He leaves the office and I observe a significant burden he carrying for all of those years lifted in this short of time in this room alone.

I move my chair to face the window. "Hope your journey will have a good end." I pray for the Gods and Goddess.

'Oh, right, I have papers to finish"