Chapter 4 - The First Encounter

Pakki went to her room. She started thinking why she came running away as soon as he stared at her.

Suddenly she heard the door knocking. She calmed herself. When she opened the door, it was the Head maid who was waiting.

Head maid : Good morning Pakki...Did you have a good sleep?

Pakki : Yes...Thank you.(she calmed herself because the head maid didn't know she was downstairs before)

Head maid : What about your brother?

Pakki : He is still sleeping mam...I will wake him.

Head maid : It's okay Pakki....when he wakes up..come downstairs for breakfast.(Patted her shoulder)

Pakki : Sure Mam.

Pakki closed the door. She was happy because of the comfort she was receiving. Her brother was also up by the time. They both got ready and went downstairs.

Partha : Noona... look how luxurious the mansion is!!! I have never seen one like this before. (Excitement mood)

Pakki : Lower your voice Partha...we are not in our home.

Even Pakki was mesmerized by the mansion interior beauty. She was glancing at all the corners of the mansion quietly. Soon they reached the dining area.

Shakti Agnihotri: Good morning Pakki... Partha. How are you feeling?

Pakki : Good Uncle...Thank you.

She can sense Shourya glancing at her.She went to take seat beside Partha.

Shakti Agnihotri: Pakki...sit next to my son...ohh I haven't introduced him right.
.
.
This is my son Shourya(pointing towards his son)
.
.
Shourya...this is Pakki and her brother Partha.

Shourya : If the introduction is over...can we have breakfast.(in an angry tone)

Shakti Agnihotri : Yea sure... Please take your seats.

Pakki sat next to Shourya. She can feel his cold gaze. Partha sat opposite to them. They didn't speak much during breakfast.

Shakti Agnihotri : Pakki...come to my study room after breakfast.

Pakki : Sure Uncle.

(Shakti Agnihotri left after breakfast.Soon Shourya left too.)

Pakki was not feeling good after what happened in dinning area. She told her brother to wait in the lobby and went to meet Shakti Agnihotri.

In Study Room

Shakti Agnihotri : Shourya...are you not going to welcome them? Can't you treat them well ?

Shourya : It's left to me. They are your guests...not mine. (Cold behaviour)

Shakti Agnihotri : Can't you see ...why I am doing this? She is very important to you.

Shourya : I am going to decide whether  she is important to me or not...So don't meddle in this.

Secretary knocks the study room door. He entered along with Pakki.

Shakti Agnihotri : Pakki.. come take your seat.

Pakki : Sure ...Thank you Uncle.

The secretary left the room. Only three of them in the study room. Pakki was tensed.

Shakti Agnihotri : Pakki...I have already made arrangements for your brother. So he can leave by next week for Abroad.

Pakki : So Soon Uncle....I actually wanted to spend time with him.

Shakti Agnihotri : I understand Pakki. But...it will be good for him if he went into new atmosphere. So that he can relax a bit. Don't worry he is a smart kid...he will be alright.

Pakki : But still Uncle...he is the only family left to me now.(in despair)

Shakti Agnihotri : why do you think like that Pakki? We are a family now. I am here.Shourya is here for you.

Pakki was surprised by his words. This time she was feeling disturbed as well as sick by Shourya's intense gaze. She was feeling something is not right.Her inner gut was clearly indicating some great danger ahead. 

(Will Pakki be able to sense danger ahead? Can she understand Shakti Agnihotri 's true intention?)