Chapter 1 - At Parents funeral

All the relatives, friends were chatting and whispering among themselves and were staring at two children who stood helplessly in front of their parents grave.

Pakki held her brother's hand tightly.
Partha asked her sister ,' will it be the last time ...we will be seeing our parents Noona...' holding his tears badly.

Pakki couldn't answer the question .But she nodded with tears.

Pakki had nothing left now. There were many things wandering in her mind.Even though she was devastated ,she need to get hold of herself for her little brother.

Suddenly a few people rushed and surrounded the whole funeral hall. Pakki was shocked to see those armed persons.
Then a handsome man who is in his forties walked towards them. Everyone was shocked and trembled by his arrival.

The handsome man stood in front of their parents grave and offered white daisies. Then he pointed fingers towards pakki and her brother.

He asked them," How old are you Children?"
Pakki was a bit shocked but yet replied slowly ,' I am sixteen years old... and my brother is... thirteen years old'.

Then the man whispered loudly.
'So you are at the same age as my son....,Good then he will have a good company '.

Everyone started whispering themselves.
Pakki was startled and her brother squeezed her hand tightly.

Pakki asked in a shivering voice,"who are ...you uncle? Does our parents ...know you?"

Then the man gently stroke her head and replied,' I am your father's friend and I will be your gaurdian from now on' .

Pakki was surprised but she felt warmth which was similar to her parents.So she just remained silent.

Then her brother asked the man abruptly,"what is your name uncle?"

Everyone looked shocked.But the man smiled towards them and replied , 'I have never introduced myself to anyone but you are brave enough kid'.

.
.
.

"My name is Shakti Agnihotri...."