𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰

Luke felt his chest physically hurting when the boys told him Nick was the one Caleb possessed. Julie was with him, and that meant she was in danger. In danger of losing every memory they'd ever had together...

Saving her wasn't just something they wanted to do, it's something they needed to do. No music was worth making if it wasn't with her. He was lost in thought about Julie and her beautiful eyes when it hit him like a brick. "Oh, crap, I was supposed to hang out with Alayna tonight. Sorry, guys, I've gotta call her before we go."

Alex and Reggie looked at each other and rolled their eyes as they followed behind him. Luke's loud stomping rumbled down the stairs as he went to find Ray. Ray frowned as the boys entered the living room because all of them looked beaten down into the ground. "Is something wrong, boys?"

Reggie nodded as tears once again gathered in his eyes. "Yeah, we just found out Julie's in--" Alex forced a smile as he clamped a hand over Reggie's mouth, giving him a death stare warning to not tell Ray what was happening. "A really hard spot lyrically. She and Luke can't get past the song they're writing right now, and it's kinda got them in a funk."

"Yeah," Luke nodded sadly, easily going along with the little white lie. "I was wondering if I could borrow your phone to call my friend to talk about it with." Ray smiled softly and nodded as he handed Luke his phone. "Of course you can. Just don't take too long. We're eating dinner as soon as Julie gets home."

Alex, Reggie, and Willie all waited outside the studio while Luke paced around inside while on the phone. "Hey, Alayna, I'm so sorry, but I can't hang out tonight anymore," He muttered breathily.

It took the girl a second to actually say something in return. "Oh. Are you okay? Did something happen?" Alayna asked in a monotone. Luke wrung his free hand by his side anxiously as he replied, "Uh-- yeah. It's a family thing. I'll see you at school, okay? I'm sorry. I wish we could've hung out."

"Do you want me to come over so we can just sit together? I don't mind just being there with you," Alayna said sweetly. Luke rolled his eyes. "No, it's okay. Thanks, though. I'll talk to you soon, Layna. Promise." He heard a loud sigh come through the phone. "Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'll see you later, Luke." Luke nodded wearily. "Yeah, see ya later. Bye."

Alex came crashing into the studio mere seconds after Luke hung up. "Oh, thank god. I thought she'd never hang up. That took way longer than it needed to." Luke shrugged. "She just cares, Alex. It's like you and Willie."

Alex rolled his eyes at that comment. "Yeah, it's not, though. Me and Willie are basically dating at this point-- just not officially because of Caleb. You and Alayna are just... avoiding the inevitable." Luke smiled and shook his head. "Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night."

"You guys can argue about which ship is better later, okay? We've gotta go help your friend now so that Caleb can't hurt her!" Willie exclaimed, stepping in between the two sassy boys.

Before anyone had the chance to utter another word, Caleb popped into the room, sitting on the piano just like he had only a few weeks before. He was back in his own body after having trapped Nick in another room at the Hollywood Ghost Club for when he needed him again. "Oh, boys, I'm afraid it's a little too late for that, now, isn't it?"

Luke felt his veins pulsing with hatred in a way he'd never felt before. "You son of a--" Caleb shook his head, giving a little tsk-tsk-tsk. "I'd watch your words if I were you, young man, unless you wish some kind of harm on that pretty little girlfriend of yours."

Luke stepped back in fear and confusion. How did he know about Alayna? "W-- What? How-- How did you know that--"

Caleb rolled his eyes and smiled deviously. "It's simple enough to possess a high school boy, and it was even easier to recognize that that girl Julie of yours was only using Nick to get to you. Yes, yes, we all know you have feelings for each other. Blah, blah, blah. All of those things. She thought she could use me of all people, but she was wrong. She just ended up bringing you boys right into the palms of my hands."