Nanako knew how to cook thanks to the many cooking lessons she got from Camilla, both as part of her training and privately from wanting to help Edward in the kitchen, but no matter how much she improved... She couldn't help but always find the meals that Edward made to be much better than anything that she made for him.

Lysette on the other hand, still had a whole lot to learn. She was still in the part about learning how not to burn the food, and when she looked and ate the meals that Edward would often make for her whenever she visited him, she always felt guilty for not being able to repay him in kind by giving Edward her homemade meal.

So alongside their silence, all that the two could do right now was bury their cooking sorrows by eating the snacks and sweets made by Edward. Then as the two became distracted from enjoying the food, Atsuko also picked one of the snacks and took a small bite out of it, without breaking her refined appearance.

"... ! *Nods*"

As Atsuko munched the food in her mouth, she began nodding, then she picked a sweet and ate it all well, causing her to show the same reaction as before, something that she kept repeating at each new snack and sweet she tried. After having a go at all of the options on the table, Atsuko then turned to look at Edward again

"Sir Edward, these snacks and sweets are very delicious"

"I am happy that they are to your taste, Princess Atsuko"

"Mm! *Nods* Also, please give my thanks to the chef for his exceptional work"

"Ah! Thank you for your praise, Princess Atsuko"

"... ... ... Hm?"

Hearing Edward's response, Atsuko became confused, after all, she had asked him to send her thanks to the cook who had made the meal she and the others were eating, but he answered as if it was for him. But then, she quickly reached a possible answer to that matter, that she needed to confirm with Edward to be sure of it.

"... Hm... Sir Edward, did you perhaps make all these snacks and sweets by yourself as well?"

"That is correct, Princess Atsuko. This is just something that I like to do for Lysette-sama and Nanako when we have our private tea parties"

"I-I see, t-then you must have surely thought about Lady Lysette and Nanako-san while making these, r-right?"

Different from before, Atsuko's tone was less confident, and that was because of her flustered feelings from finding out that the food she had just eaten was made by Edward who was sitting next to her. Even though all of the meals she had before were always made by other people, those same people cooked as a profession, and even though they did it with passion, they did it because they liked the activity of cooking.

But in this case, Atsuko could feel that the meals in front of her weren't just delicious because Edward liked cooking, but also because he was thinking about the people he was making them for. And though it would mostly be about Lysette and Nanako, it would also include herself as well in this particular situation.

So, as such thoughts ran through Atsuko's mind, she attempted to calm herself by asking such a question, by trying to have Edward say that she was out of the equation in that regard.

"Yes, you are right. I was thinking a lot about Lysette-sama and Nanako while I was cooking"

" "Kuh!" "

Hearing his words both Lysette and Nanako made pained expressions as they blushed from hearing Edward say such a thing without any hint of embarrassment or dishonesty.

"I see, that must be nice"

After saying so, Atsuko closed her eyes and sighed, due to the relief she felt from hearing Edward say the exact words she wanted to hear. However, Edward on the other hand, saw her reaction with a different meaning.