Chapter 9

(A/N Notes: I got inspired to write this)

After having managed to calm down herself and her overly excited friends, Lysette sighed in an exhausted tone. But she immediately noticed that she wasn't showing a presentable view of a noble lady, so she quickly disciplined herself and went back to acting as a proper lady, which meant introducing everyone to each other.

"A-Ahem... My dear friends, I will now introduce you all to my fiancée, Edward Harding. Now, Edward-sama, these are my friends..."

In a very natural yet acted way, Lysette approached Edward and hugged his right arm, gently pulling him towards her friends, whom she then began introducing one by one.

"This tomboyish lady is Isabelle, from the Ducal House of Moray, known for leading our kingdom's armies;

This gentle-looking lady here is Jade, of the prestigious Lavigne family, and much like mine is from a cadet branch of the Royal Family;

While this innocent-looking lady is Rosemarie, of the eminent Bretz family, known for handling many of our diplomatic overtures abroad;

And finally, this lone-looking lady is Sofia, from the famous Falkner family, thanks to their many discoveries..."

After introducing her last friend, Isabelle raised her hand to ask something to Lysette, as she shared a similar expression with the others.

"What is it, Lady Isabelle?"

"Lysette... Did you just sneakily insult us?"

"... ... ... Ladies, this gentleman beside me is my fiancé, Edward Harding. And I hope you all get along with... But make sure to keep a healthy and proper distance from him"

With a gentle-looking smile, Lysette tightened her hug on Edward's arm, and said her last words with a pretty scary and intimidating tone, almost as if she was warning them.

"..." (x4)

Her friends wanted to argue against her, especially in regards to her ignoring Isabelle's question and changing subjects, but neither of them wanted to try getting into her bad side, even more so when Lysette was the only one amongst them who could hold out and win against Isabelle, who practiced her swordsmanship daily.

Instead, they all silently agreed to not pry any further in either of those subjects and went on to the next subject that they had some interest in.

"I understand, Lysette-chan. Then may I ask you who's that maid, currently hugging your fiancé as well?"

Rosemarie, was the second one to speak, as she asked a pretty obvious question.

"Her? She is Nanako, and just like me, she is also engaged to Edward-sama, but as his second fiancée under my permission"

"..." <That's the person that you allowed to get engaged with him!?> (x4)

Her friends all said the same thing inside their minds, as they observed Nanako from head to toe, and the more they looked, the more surprised they got as no matter how many times they looked at her, they couldn't find anything bad about her.

Nanako had a perfect face, much like Lysette. A perfect body, much like Lysette. A gorgeous appearance, much like Lysette. And her embarrassed, yet happy, expression from hugging Edward's other arm, was a feast for the eyes. No matter how they looked at her... They could and couldn't understand how Lysette allowed Nanako to be engaged with Edward.

No, rather... They couldn't understand how Edward was the person who managed to get the hearts of those two beauties. All they could see at him, was an average-looking noble boy, with noticeable dark circles under his eyes, and aside from being able to give equal attention to both Lysette and Nanako, and a decent personality. No matter how many times they tried, none of them could see what was his charm.